1.    #1  
    Hey I've tried setting up my work email account and keep on getting the same unable to sign in because of a trust issue with the server's certificate.

I have had my IT guy give me a new certificate but no avail I am still getting the same message.

I have the latest updated software as well.

This is not an exchange server

The certificate is a self signed private one.

Any help anybody?

cs
    I'm having the same issue. My IT person/person who set up the server mentioned something along the lines that the company was too cheap to purchase a common certificate license. So, does that mean
    A) my company is using none?
    B) a custom one? or
    C) just something an IT person says because they're not familiar with Server 2007 and haven't really setup/configured certificates before?

Any extra help/insight out there would be great. I have notified my IT person that the Pre can import certificates. I'm not too familiar w/ certificates.
    Can a Win2007 Exchange server run without certificates engaged? If not, it should be as simple as him emailing me the certificate that can pair with our server, yes?

Thanks again.
    I'm having the same trouble trying to set up my school email account...And of course the Pre can't even come close to rendering the mail website correctly(I only get about 1/8th of a page to show...).
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    My email EAS stopped working yesterday, giving me the dreaded "certificate is not a trusted certificate" error and I was all kinds of confused since it has been working for a year flawlessly.

After coming to this thread, I followed thornev's link, which was one click away from this article: Installing self-signed and privately issued certificates

Now the "Installing certificates using the web browser on your phone" did NOT work for me when I browsed to https://remote.DOMAIN.com using the Pre web browser.

So what I did for the "For users: Obtain the certificate you need" section was browse to the same site with my computer browser (firefox) and then click on the certificate info (the leftmost part of the address bar) and downloaded the .CER file to my desktop.

Then I followed the "For users: Install the certificate on your phone" by copying this file into the root directory of the Pre. I then launched the certificate manager per the instructions. I deleted TWO "old" certificate entries for the same server (which was probably the issue to begin with), and then proceeded to add the "new" one that I downloaded and transfered to the device.

Back up and working now. Thanks thorne! Palm's documentation was actually pretty good!
    Last edited by rth3775; 10/16/2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: formatting
    Wow, that worked perfectly thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cswilliams30 View Post
    Hey I've tried setting up my work email account and keep on getting the same unable to sign in because of a trust issue with the server's certificate.

I have had my IT guy give me a new certificate but no avail I am still getting the same message.

I have the latest updated software as well.

This is not an exchange server

The certificate is a self signed private one.

Any help anybody?

cs
    I'm having the exact same problem. I tried navigating to the mail website, however I can't download a cert because they don't have one for the website, just for smartphones with built-in email. The cert IT gave me didn't work. Am I SOL?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. I tried navigating to the mail website, however I can't download a cert because they don't have one for the website, just for smartphones with built-in email. The cert IT gave me didn't work. Am I SOL?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I am not too familiar with setups outside of Exchange servers. But maybe I can ask some questions...

Do you know what type of email server it is?
    What protocol are you selecting for the "mail type" in the email setup? (imap, pop, eas, gmail, yahoo)
    If you open are read the security certificate that was provided to you, does the server listed match the server name/address you are using in the e-mail setup?
    I used a nice little freeware called "SSL Certificate Downloader" from SSL Cert Downloader : Command-line Tool to Grab SSL Certificate from Remote Server to Grab SSL Certificate from Remote Server to download SSL certificate from smtp server "smtp.domain.co.in" which was otherwise very difficult to get unless you adopt knobbysideup's method (on other thread).

Hope this helps others.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB