1.    #1  
    So I'm having a rather irritating problem with my email on the Pre. When I open an email message, the sender and subject show up immediately just like always, but the body of the message is blank. In a little while (7-10 seconds) the body of the email shows up.

I know that doesn't sound like a long delay, but when you're trying to wade through a lot of messages it's a real hassle to have to wait that long for the body of the message to load.

I believe this problem started around the time I installed the "Mark all as read" and "Delete all" patches from WebOSDoctor, could this have something to do with the problem?

Any solutions, workarounds, or random conjecture would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Last night I had the same exact problem. The only patch I installed was landscape view from Quick Installer. I removed the patch and it was still an issue. I deleted my gmail account profile on the and recreated it. All was resolved. I was about to bring my phone back to factory setting cause I was waiting 10 seconds for each email to load. Now it takes 1 second. Works as day 1. Hope this helps.
    thanks lasercomp, i think i'll try that.
    Some people get similar issues with replacement auto-correction dictionaries, and they can be pretty large and take a long time to load
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakethomas View Post
    So I'm having a rather irritating problem with my email on the Pre. When I open an email message, the sender and subject show up immediately just like always, but the body of the message is blank. In a little while (7-10 seconds) the body of the email shows up.

I know that doesn't sound like a long delay, but when you're trying to wade through a lot of messages it's a real hassle to have to wait that long for the body of the message to load.

I believe this problem started around the time I installed the "Mark all as read" and "Delete all" patches from WebOSDoctor, could this have something to do with the problem?

\\

im having the same problem...but other threads have found a possible solution:

most members have notice the email lag after the ADVANCED DICTIONARY tweak from webos quick install. might work, has worked for others, havent gotten the time to try for myself
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Some people get similar issues with replacement auto-correction dictionaries, and they can be pretty large and take a long time to load
    Oh, yes, I forgot about that, but I installed the auto-correct dictionary, too. I'll try removing that and see if it helps.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I wish I would of posted my issue on this forum first. i also installed the dictionary tweak.. I removed the landscape first, had the problem and forgot about dictionary. After recreating the gmail profile, I realized the dictionary and removed that before trying the new email.. I assumed recreating the profile fixed it but it could of been the dictionary.. Good luck on the fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakethomas View Post

If you applied the auto correct dictionary feature from QI then remove it. This will fix your issue.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

It also seems the more people CC'd on the e-mail the slower it loads.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If you applied the auto correct dictionary feature from QI then remove it. This will fix your issue.
    Yep, just worked for me also. I figured it had something to do with some of the patches I had installed but wasn't looking forward to going through the list. Thanks everyone!!
    Yeah it worked just removed auto correct dictionary and back to quick e-mail functions, thanks ya'll
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Awesome. Didn't have to redo google account, just remove the adv. spelling tweak and all is back to normal thankfully.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sweet....same problem. I was just getting ready to pull out webosdoctor and start over. You just saved me a bunch of time and headache. I uninstalled the dictionary tweek and my email speed is back to normal.
    Same issue here.
    Removing auto-correct dictionary tweak fixed it.
    Thank you! This was really starting to make me mad. It sucks having to wait for emails to show up no matter what a "tweak" does.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Thanks, this was bugging me too.
    Unchecking that autocorrect fixed the problem for me, too!
    Removing the dictionary fixed mine too.
    no 'Thanks'