Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    What is the sync frequency of the google calendar account? Same as email?
    frankly if i am able i will sync it manually.. too many pple use my external calender for updates.. i just enter an event (s) and hit the sync button it shows up right across the board.. immedately.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    So I need to sync it manually ? If anyone update my public google calendar I can't receive it automatically ?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I don't think that is what xForsaken meant to imply. The Pre calendar will automatically sync with your Google calendar. You don't have to manually sync them. I don't know what the fequency of the sync is, but my impression and limited observation has been that the sync takes place as soon as a new event is entered on the Pre.
    Hi there, another Google Calendar sync issue. I don't know if anyone is having the same problem. If I modify an event on my Pre that was originally created on Google Calendar, it deletes the Google Calendar event instead of updating it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Same thing happens to me and others. The only work around I have found that works is to change the event from a Google calendar event to a Palm Profile event. And then change it back to a Google calendar event. Or, do the editing on the computer instead of the Pre.

I hope they fix this issue soon. It has been reported to Palm by several others already.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unglued View Post
    Hi there, another Google Calendar sync issue. I don't know if anyone is having the same problem. If I modify an event on my Pre that was originally created on Google Calendar, it deletes the Google Calendar event instead of updating it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I had this problem until I changed my setting for accepting invitations from No to one of the Yes options. It's on the the first page (general) of Google Calendar settings.

FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    I had this problem until I changed my setting for accepting invitations from No to one of the Yes options. It's on the the first page (general) of Google Calendar settings.

Thank You!
    This is WONDERFUL. I just checked it on my Pre and it works. This 'bug' has been driving me nuts! Again, thank you!

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Oh, this is huge! Thank you!

This has been giving me trouble since day one.

We need to get this info to Palm, so they can track down the problem and fix it. How you discovered to work around this bug like this is an awesome find.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    Oh, this is huge! Thank you!

This has been giving me trouble since day one.

We need to get this info to Palm, so they can track down the problem and fix it. How you discovered to work around this bug like this is an awesome find.
    I actually got it from Palm, but he got it from one of the forums. It might have been here - lazycheese - reported it out in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post1962713
    FrankenPre2!!!
    i'm glad the word is getting out on how to prevent this problem (thanks jim!). It's a really odd problem that's actually pretty scary when you see all the "missing" events (which are really still there, just in some kind of invitation purgatory).

the support tech in the palm forum is working on this, now that they're able to replicate the issue.

the history of that setting is really interesting. I read somewhere that people were getting spammed throug their google calendar, because anyone could send an event invitation to any gmail user. So they made the setting for not showing invitations. And selecting it when I didn't fully understand it is what caused my headache to begin with!

what I don't get is why google calendar recognizes the pre as the event organizer when you create an event, but not when you edit one.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycheese View Post
    what I don't get is why google calendar recognizes the pre as the event organizer when you create an event, but not when you edit one.
    And even then, it will only treat the Pre as the event organizer for events created in your PRIMARY calendar. If you create an event in any other GCal calendars you might have, you will be treated as an invitee.

As I mentioned in another thread, this is a work-around, but Palm still needs to do some work on GCal synergy.