Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since there is no facebook app on Pre yet, I have to use web browser for facebook on Pre. But it seemsthe news feeds are not updated regularly on Pre. My friends posted a new post but it's been 3 days and I still can't see it on my Pre.

I can see all the posts from all my friends using my ipod touch or go to the website on my computer.

Does anyone have the same experience with facebook on Pre?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    full blown facebook is instantaneous for me.
    They update fine. Use lite.facebook.com
    Since the 1.2 webos update I have been having issues with facebook on the Pre. I don't get the pop ups like i used to on the web pages. For example, when you're on someones page and click "send message", I used to be able to get the pop up box where you could write a message right there on the page. Now, nothing happens. I have to log into m.facebook.com just to send people messages now which is ignoring. This is the only trouble I have been having.
    Why are you not using FriendsFlow? I like the app, and at $1.99 for the app, it's a pretty good value for what it gives us!

I only wish it did background notifications like the BB Facebook app...

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I use both x.facebook.com and lite.facebook.com in the Pre browser and find them fully updated and in-sync with the browser on my laptop.

FriendsFlow is nice, but their UI is a bit buggy and could use some polish. If FriendsFlow's UI matures and they switch it to $0.99 I'll buy it. Until then, I'm happy with using my browser.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    You can use m.facebook.com which is the full mobile version, loads up everything outside of pictures great and is fast as well. If you are looking for new feed and status updates, it works pretty well.

I am also waiting for FriendsFlow to get polished up before purchasing the app, especially since the mobile site works great for most of my facebook needs at the moment.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  8.    #8  
    I tried them:

x.facebook.com(which is the built in one in Pre) doesn't refresh properly, it won't show new posts from some of my friends.

lite.facebook.com works fine, but it's not designed for mobile browsing, so you have to zoom in to read.

m.facebook.com works fine, too. But the webpage layout is messed up, like a text file, you also have to zoom in to read.

I think I will use lite.facebook.com then.
    I just reinstalled FreindsFlow(Beta) from FileCoaster. It's free and it's got the new UI. It's still a little broken but it's free so I won't complain
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    +1 for friendsflow.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    No way! have any of you guys tried the full Facebook page? Facebook.com is completely rendered on the Pre, you can navigate so easily, you can hide things and people, chat, even tag people in photos and status updates!

Friendsflow is garbage with only giving status updates, and now that they are charging....give me a break!

And who doesn't love the little red bubble showing the new notifications that are usually at the bottom of your computer's web browswer? That is available, right along with Chat!

Ah the power of PRE!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    They update fine. Use lite.facebook.com
    +1 for lite

It shows status, likes, comments, and notifications. Works perfectly
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Friendsflow is garbage with only giving status updates, and now that they are charging....give me a break!
    I think it is horrible that you would call the efforts of one of our developers "garbage." Not what you're looking for? Fine. Not worth the money to you? Fine. Don't buy it.

What a jerky thing to say, sheesh.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    FriendsFlow gives status updates, allows you to comment on statuses, like statuses, and receive notifications. You can also view photos. Its a great app for doing what most people do on facebook anyway.

I'd love to see the facebook app you've developed though.
    Yeah use either the lite.facebook.com or use Friendsflow. Also, the full facebook site works great on my Pre. I can also use Facebook chat from the full site on my Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I agree with the responses that it's horrible for someone to call a developer's efforts "garbage," and that in a capitalist society it's within aperson's right to charge for their products and within a consumer's right to choose to (or choose not to) buy that product.

Regardless of whether you think an app is worth your money or not, however, it's still a positive thing that a developer is choosing to develop for WebOS, so let's not forget that.

However, I do agree with the sentiments that FriendsFlow is still an immature FB app. The biggest thing for me is that it's really just a FB newsfeed at this point - you can't access profiles at all. Plus, the UI seems rather unpolished - not something I'd expect for a paid app at any price. BUT, I look forward to further updates and when I see the features I am looking for, I will be more than willing to pay the $2!
    Gentlemen please, rest your sphincters!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Gentlemen please, rest your sphincters!
    No kidding! Last I checked freedom of speech is legal, in the country I live in. If the app is free and doesn't do a whole lot (see Fart apps) I can still criticize the idea or lack there of. Did someone put time and effort into the behind the scenes to make the sad app? Of course!

Just like someone put in a lot of work to movies that flopped around like fish out of water - does that mean the movie reviewers have to be careful to not be 'Jerky' to the director???? (Gimme a break) I don't have to slurp up just because someone CHOSE to develop a poor app....criticism is what drives people to get better at what they do.

Oh and thanks for reminding me that I have the choice to buy or not buy the app! Duh! Maybe that's why my post was all about using the power of the Pre to just go to the full site instead of whining about x.facebook, or friendsflow, etc.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    No kidding! Last I checked freedom of speech is legal, in the country I live in. If the app is free and doesn't do a whole lot (see Fart apps) I can still criticize the idea or lack there of. Did someone put time and effort into the behind the scenes to make the sad app? Of course!

Just like someone put in a lot of work to movies that flopped around like fish out of water - does that mean the movie reviewers have to be careful to not be 'Jerky' to the director???? (Gimme a break) I don't have to slurp up just because someone CHOSE to develop a poor app....criticism is what drives people to get better at what they do.

Oh and thanks for reminding me that I have the choice to buy or not buy the app! Duh! Maybe that's why my post was all about using the power of the Pre to just go to the full site instead of whining about x.facebook, or friendsflow, etc.
    I think you missed the point, but that's ok. I don't care if you like it or not. I guess sometimes I just think it's not what you do, but how you do it. Take care.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast