Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was able to sync to iTunes 9.0.1 before but for some reason, my computer doesn't recognize it now...only sees it as a usb drive. When I was using a temporary line, I manually upgraded to v1.2.1 and it synced to iTunes 9.0.1 just fine. But when my phone had to be re-programmed due to my number being ported over, it wasn't working anymore. Did a sanity check and still see that it's up to date using v1.2.1. Anyone facing this problem or know how to fix it?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quit using iTunes.
    um, hate to ask the obvious, but are you clicking media sync instead of usb on our phone?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Yep, it's on media sync.
    Have you tried restarting the computer?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just tried that too

Thanks for all your suggestions by the way...
    what version of windows are you running?
    try repairing novacom installer
    also reset your pre when you reset the pc
    i had the same issue last night and i am running win 7 so i stopped novacom in the taskmgr then restarted the pre. i had to repair the novacom install to get it to connect
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    quit using itunes.
    +99999999999
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    i had the same issue last night and i am running win 7 so i stopped novacom in the taskmgr then restarted the pre. i had to repair the novacom install to get it to connect
    Great suggestion. I just tried this since I noticed that the novacom driver pops up saying it wasn't installed correctly. I reinstalled the driver, but still no luck.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I thought that this new update allowed the use of iTunes?

I've never been much of a music/phone sync-er, but if the functionality is there... I'd like to know how to get iTunes to work. If there is a better solution with the same or better functionality, I'd like to know what that is.

I did all the updates a few days ago and downloaded iTunes last night. I've cross posted in a few different threads trying find an active one that will get me a good answer.

I've got an XP pc with a few GB of music on it that I'd like to be able to access on the phone when I go to the gym. What's the easiest way get it there in some organized fashion? Drag/Drop is easy, but then I've just got a bunch of unorganized stuff there. How can I actually sync music so new songs update and things I want to remove get deleted automatically?
    the new update of iTunes takes away the capability for iTunes to recognize the Pre'. Its apples attempt of keeping thr Pre' off of iTunes