Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    apologies if this has already been dealt with but...

As I'm sure has happened with at least some of you I excitedly sync'd my facebook account into my Pre upon purchase... only to find out that there's apparently no way in the native os to delete Facebook contacts short of deleting my FB account and starting over. (which I don't want to do) So now I have 200 + contacts in my phone, of which I only need to have about 25 of them there. Has anyone come up with a way to delete individual contacts that have been imported from facebook? Any info is appreciated.
    i have the same problem.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    same problem here to. I just deleted facebook. It's a waste. It's not an 'app' or anything and only adds the contacts from facebook. Whoopty dew.
    You need to contact the guild and ask for a better arch...
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    its annoying, but web os & universal search gives you an entire new way to navigate through your contacts.. well.. as long as you know who you're trying to reach, all you have to do is type their name in card view. when you have a lot of contacts and you dont want the struggle of adding a picture for everyone, the facebook image for that user is really a nice feature i feel
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vangogh35 View Post
    its annoying, but web os & universal search gives you an entire new way to navigate through your contacts.. well.. as long as you know who you're trying to reach, all you have to do is type their name in card view. when you have a lot of contacts and you dont want the struggle of adding a picture for everyone, the facebook image for that user is really a nice feature i feel
    agreed that universal search and auto adding of facebook photos is great, but I still don't want 200+ contacts, lol!
    Why worry about it. I left them on there. I never scroll thru my contacts anyway... I use the universal search.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Simple for me, I just didn't add my facebook account. I don't need hundreds of stupid updates and contacts that I rarely if ever speak to clogging up my Pre.
    you could just make a contact named facebook, or whatever you'd like to name it, then link all the facebook people to it, then they'll all be hidden in that assigned name, that how I got rid of all the poeple from AIM/AOL.

Chris S

Oh yeah, it'll take a while to do, just do a few everyday
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    you could just make a contact named facebook, or whatever you'd like to name it, then link all the facebook people to it, then they'll all be hidden in that assigned name, that how I got rid of all the poeple from AIM/AOL.

Chris S

Oh yeah, it'll take a while to do, just do a few everyday
    YOU my friend, sre s GENIUS!!!
  11.    #11  
    ack, can't spell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    YOU my friend, sre s GENIUS!!!
    WOO HOO!

I will warn you that it slows the phone down while your doing all the linking, and the battery will get hotter than HOT.

Have fun!

Chris S
  13.    #13  
    WOO HOO!

I will warn you that it slows the phone down while your doing all the linking, and the battery will get hotter than HOT.

Have fun!

Chris S
    You are totally the man! (or woman, as the case may be)

Either way, you rock. I've been looking for a solution to this for three weeks!
    I still don't know why this is such a big deal. Why does this upset so many people?

I have more than 1,000 contacts including about 770 from facebook stored on my Pre. They're all in my contacts app and they're not bothering anyone. I can't even see them unless I endlessly flick and scroll through hundreds and hundreds of contacts in my phone.

So you've got contacts in your phone that you don't use... So what? Who cares? Delete and de-friend them from facebook if they're so unimportant.

Oh no, I also have 220 contacts from LinkedIn on my Pre. How awful!

You're missing the point here... Synergy allows you to pull in ALL of your contacts from a VARIETY of sources. It does so in an unobtrusive way without creating chaos on your Pre by "linking" the multiple sources into one contact.

Does anyone actually scroll through their contacts list to find someone's info? If you do, you're doing it wrong.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I still don't know why this is such a big deal. Why does this upset so many people?

I have more than 1,000 contacts including about 770 from facebook stored on my Pre. They're all in my contacts app and they're not bothering anyone. I can't even see them unless I endlessly flick and scroll through hundreds and hundreds of contacts in my phone.

So you've got contacts in your phone that you don't use... So what? Who cares? Delete and de-friend them from facebook if they're so unimportant.

Oh no, I also have 220 contacts from LinkedIn on my Pre. How awful!

You're missing the point here... Synergy allows you to pull in ALL of your contacts from a VARIETY of sources. It does so in an unobtrusive way without creating chaos on your Pre by "linking" the multiple sources into one contact.

Does anyone actually scroll through their contacts list to find someone's info? If you do, you're doing it wrong.
    I guess we all have our pet peeves, johnnyk. You can't understand why someone minds having X amount of contacts when they can easily search without scrolling.

I can't understand why someone needs to troll posts and give sarcastic replies rather than offering solutions.

The above posters either A: provided a solution or B: were respectful of other people's opinions. Perhaps you would do well to learn from them.

God bless.
    can someone tell me is there a patch to help you delete contacts that sync into your contacts from facebook or yahoo?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    apologies if this has already been dealt with but...

As I'm sure has happened with at least some of you I excitedly sync'd my facebook account into my Pre upon purchase... only to find out that there's apparently no way in the native os to delete Facebook contacts short of deleting my FB account and starting over. (which I don't want to do) So now I have 200 + contacts in my phone, of which I only need to have about 25 of them there. Has anyone come up with a way to delete individual contacts that have been imported from facebook? Any info is appreciated.
    I have ~800 facebook contacts and while they're on the phone, they don't bother me..

You can type people's names to dial them, or use an app like quick contacts for your common contacts, so no issues.. there's not a big performance hit with having the contacts there, and it even comes handy from time to time. (I at least know almost everyone in my contact list..)

-mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I used the contacts app for the first week that I had the pre.. haven't touched it since.
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Simple for me, I just didn't add my facebook account. I don't need hundreds of stupid updates and contacts that I rarely if ever speak to clogging up my Pre.
    Bingo. Anyone who took two seconds to think should have steered well clear until we could only sync with the groups we require.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    then link all the facebook people to it, then they'll all be hidden in that assigned name
    Dumb question here. How do you link the facebook people to the new contact?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast