Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there have been other post about this, but i have been having a problem with yahoo mail today. it was working this morning and now it keeps saying that login credentials failed. Has anyone been able to figure out what the problem is or how to fix it ?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone???
    I have several accounts with Yahoo, and they have all been working fine.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I currently have my Yahoo Mail working fine, but I have had intermittent problems with "login credentials rejected" off and on since June. They always just resolve themselves on their own. I think it's a problem with Yahoo Mail.
  5.    #5  
    mine has had intermittent issues too in the past but today it just has stopped working. I dont know where to turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    I know there have been other post about this, but i have been having a problem with yahoo mail today. it was working this morning and now it keeps saying that login credentials failed. Has anyone been able to figure out what the problem is or how to fix it ?
    I have been having the exact same issue all day. Like another poster stated, it seems to resolve itself, but the problem has been up and down all day.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    Someone along the line, your email password is lost, erased, deleted (whatever you want to call it...) so the phone is not able to properly log-in to yahoo mail. Either input your yahoo email password again via email account preferences, and/or remove your your yahoo account altogether & then add it back in with your username & password again. This has happened to me a few times. Incidentally, not just with my pre but also with my samsung instinct. Re-inputing the password always fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have one account that seems to work fine, the other has problems sending mail. I can receive it fine, just not send it.

I've tried removing and then re-adding the account 2 or 3 times, to no avail. I don't know much about stmp/pop settings or anything maybe it's in there?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I've tried just about everything to correct this issue (login credentials error) but it always comes back. I've had my pre since the beginning and it's always been there. It seems to happen less often on the latest version of webOS.

If you find anymore info please post here. Thx
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enhuman View Post
    I have one account that seems to work fine, the other has problems sending mail. I can receive it fine, just not send it.

I've tried removing and then re-adding the account 2 or 3 times, to no avail. I don't know much about stmp/pop settings or anything maybe it's in there?
    I've had that problem since mid August. I"ve called my hosting company (a few weeks ago), Sprint, and Palm (this past weekend). Palm suggested installing 1.2.1, then re-adding the account: I haven't had time to do that yet....
  11.    #11  
    Update: this morning the problem all of a sudden corrected itself. I went all day yesterday without yahoo email access but this morning its working fine. That was very strange. I hope someone finds a reason or a solution for this problem.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    The same Credentials issue arose for me after I got like 25 messages. I checked the settings and exited out and about 30 minutes later I was getting all my mail as usual. I assumed it just corrected itself...
    Motorola Q (HORRIBLE) -> Samsung Instinct (Almost as bad as the Motorola) -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qdigga View Post
    The same Credentials issue arose for me after I got like 25 messages. I checked the settings and exited out and about 30 minutes later I was getting all my mail as usual. I assumed it just corrected itself...
    Don't you hate it when things just "correct themselves" no rhyme, no reason, they just work again. After webOS 1.2.1 update, remove and re-add account it seems to be okay? Go figure.
    I'm still having this issue. And for the record, I have the paid version of yahoo mail. All of this started happening after the last WebOS update.

This is how I fix it.

I sign out of yahoo mail on my computer and I sign back in from a web browser. You used to be able to do this via your pre web browser but now Yahoo looks like they have a mobile version of things that doesn't allow access to the native web login script (the one with the orange box above the login credentials). Now it looks as if I have to fill out the captcha each time from a PC as if yahoo has flagged my account as a possible account that may be getting hacked. Once I validate that the account is human operated yahoo lets the IMAP connection through. Maybe it sees the PRE connection attempts as a threat for some reason?

It's a horrible way to fix it but it works. I have also tried the delete account method and add it back but this doesn't seem to be the issue. Nor is the password stored in your pre the issue. Stop trying to change your password (it's correct) and don't delete the email account. These wont work. There are two other ideas I have as to the cause of this problem and why the method for fixing it above works.

1) It may have something to do with multiple concurrent connections to yahoo mail. If you are connected to yahoo mail from a PC and try and access your mail from your PRE, yahoo may be checking to see if there are multiple requests coming into your account and temporarily lock the account from IMAP for security reasons. When you log out and relogin from a PC this unlocks the account and then yahoo accepts your IMAP request on your PRE again.

2) Perhaps Yahoo does not like the frequency or method of the auto mail checking routines on the PRE. I'm going to try and make my PRE check for mail less frequently and see if that solves the issue. Right now I have my PRE check for messages "as items arrive" but I'm going to make it check for emails every "5 minutes" instead and will report back if that fixes the problem.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyflipflops View Post
    I'm still having this issue. And for the record, I have the paid version of yahoo mail. All of this started happening after the last WebOS update.

This is how I fix it.

I sign out of yahoo mail on my computer and I sign back in from a web browser. You used to be able to do this via your pre web browser but now Yahoo looks like they have a mobile version of things that doesn't allow access to the native web login script (the one with the orange box above the login credentials). Now it looks as if I have to fill out the captcha each time from a PC as if yahoo has flagged my account as a possible account that may be getting hacked. Once I validate that the account is human operated yahoo lets the IMAP connection through. Maybe it sees the PRE connection attempts as a threat for some reason?

It's a horrible way to fix it but it works. I have also tried the delete account method and add it back but this doesn't seem to be the issue. Nor is the password stored in your pre the issue. Stop trying to change your password (it's correct) and don't delete the email account. These wont work. There are two other ideas I have as to the cause of this problem and why the method for fixing it above works.

1) It may have something to do with multiple concurrent connections to yahoo mail. If you are connected to yahoo mail from a PC and try and access your mail from your PRE, yahoo may be checking to see if there are multiple requests coming into your account and temporarily lock the account from IMAP for security reasons. When you log out and relogin from a PC this unlocks the account and then yahoo accepts your IMAP request on your PRE again.

2) Perhaps Yahoo does not like the frequency or method of the auto mail checking routines on the PRE. I'm going to try and make my PRE check for mail less frequently and see if that solves the issue. Right now I have my PRE check for messages "as items arrive" but I'm going to make it check for emails every "5 minutes" instead and will report back if that fixes the problem.
    Thanks for the update. I've wondered if it had something to do with being logged into mail on my personal PC. What a pain. Yahoo really needs to resolve this. I'm so tired of swiping away that error. Especially now that I have LED notifications working. It's flashing when that error comes up.

If anyone figures something out here please post it...
    I seem to have this issue when I have the wireless turned on for long period of time. Once I switch it to EVDO it works fine. Then after it syncs once on EVDO I can switch back to wireless. So it has something to do with a timeout issue with the wireless.

Hope this helps.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I have two yahoo (free) accounts on my pre. I repeatedly get the login credentials error on one account, but rarely on the other. They both have the exact same settings. One thing I have noticed, is that I'm usually signed into one of the accounts in the pre's web browser to look at my fantasy football teams. This is the account I don't have issues with the mail. If I log out of the account on the pre's web browser, the "update login credentials" error on the other email account instantly goes away.
    This happens to only of my yahoo email accounts (my main one)
    My one which I don't use as often has not had that happen to it yet.
    I think it's on Yahoo's system. They have a bunch of different servers running and my one account is on a different server from the other one. I've opened up a trouble ticket with Yahoo, however they provided me a canned answer which never pinpointed the underlying problem. I would suggest that when you get that error contact yahoo so they will put more focus on this issue.
    So this drove me absolutely crazy! I hate it when my email is not working!

I set up my yahoo as a pop mail account instead of imap. However I do subscribe to yahoo plus! which is required to do this. $20 a year for what gmail gives you for free... yea, crappy but oh well.

Anyways if you have yahoo plus follow these simple instructions from yahoo.

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)
    Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com")
    Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
    Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

It gave me a message saying that my outgoing messages will not work. No worries, set up anyway. My outgoing and incoming works fine.

Hope this helps!
    This is driving me crazy. My yahoo mail has worked fine till I took my phone in for service on my radio and they had to reinstall WebOS. Since then yahoo mail is totally worthless. I can get it working once and then it refuses my credentials for the rest of the day. I just don't understand how it worked fine until I got the software reinstalled and now it doesn't work at all. I sent a message to yahoo about this so hopefully they will pay some attention to this issue and fix it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast