Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    According to Palm Missing Sync is the only program to sync Apple iCal/AddressBook to the Pre. Missing Sync is a POS. I have not been able to sync the calendar since purchasing and MarkSpace CS is worse than Sprint, no one to talk to and you leave a message and the the announcement states 4 day turn around BS.

Maybe it is time to go to Blackberry - they announced a desktop program to sync with Apple.
    don't know much about Missing sync, but have you tried to search this forum (or other Pre forums) for others who may be having the same issue?
    I Hope This helps~
    There Are Two Paid Subscriptions Solutions From Missing/Sync~
    1. An E~mail Response Service, where a Service~Tech Gets Back to you W/in 4 hours, During the Work Week~
    I Have & the Service & The Tech~Person Has Been Solid and Useful & friendly~

Iam going to Upgrade to the Premium Service, As I Have Utilized the Palm Treo's,
    Since they Came Out, Several Hundred Years Ago~lol~&
    The Syncing Service has Been Outstanding & i have Had Very Few Problems & M/S has Always Worked Well W/Me & No Problematic Issue, Has Been Left Dead in the Water~
    They Have All Been Resolved..& I Felt I Was an Active Participant in the Entire Process..

The Palm Pre Poses Some Challenges, W/the SDK Coming Out Late to The Developers & Utilities & The Palm Service Community Companies, Like Mark/Space~Missing/Sync,etc~

The SDK was Made Public 3 Months After the Palm~Pre had Been Launched & Hence M/S, Wasn't Able To Develop Their Palm Pre~Technology Services All that Quickly...
    It is my Impression that the Palm Pre, Has a Good Decade of Evolution in Its Structure
    & Texas Instruments has Given it a Great Launch with Their Engine That Will Drive this Train For a Very Long time...
    Respectfully Submitted~E. Patrick
    Post Script~to the Above..."I Hope This Helps"~
    I Left Out a Portion of a Phrase...I Have Utilized The Palm Treo's~With Missing/Sync, Since The Treo's Came Out....Several Hundred Years Ago..lol
    Thx & Be~Well Live~Well...Easy~E.
    aka~E. Patrick
    In order to sync Calendars you must be on the same wifi network. That is, your mac must be corrected to the local LAN AND the Pre.

Next, you must have the Missing Sync on the mac [what you pay for] and on the Pre [App Cat then Missing Sync]

You open both programs and use the setup assistant. The program pairs the phone. With both open, hit the 'sync' button on the phone. Tada.

I use it all the time--it does work, if you follow the proper steps as outlined on the site. It even syncs over the wifi without any effort.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I have to agree with the poster. Missing sync has been garbage for me. For those who got it working more power to you, but looking at different sites I think only about 60% or so have been able to get it to work right.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I have to agree with the poster. Missing sync has been garbage for me. For those who got it working more power to you, but looking at different sites I think only about 60% or so have been able to get it to work right.
    Snow Leopard had some SERIOUS issues, I'm the first to admit that. My calendar sync lagged for a long time. However, they did release a free update that fixed it for me. [Help--Check for Updates]

I would suggest installing that and giving it another shot. My two cents.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I purchased Missing Sync back in July when I got the Pre. It worked the first week. After that I add my work schedule on my Pre weekly and sync it with my iCal on the MAC. BUT the events would NEVER show up in iCal. I have to manually add them to iCal.

I made several tickets with MarkSpace and they have been very slow. IMHO I do not think you have to pay extra to get Tech Service to make a program that you paid for work. Also, there TS is VERY SLOW at responding.

Over the weekend I removed Missing Sync on my Pre to re-install and now it will not transfer any events from the MAC to the Pre. It states it is syncing 229 events BUT less than 30 seconds later the PRE states sync complete
    I am a previous user of Missing Sync for the Palm. I have had Missing Sync for the Pre (Mac Platform) since its Beta release and presently have the latest paid version. Despite countless hours of correspondence with and carefully following the instructions of Mark Space technical support, I have never been able to fully synchronize either iCal or Address Book. Sometime the synchronization/overwrite fails at startup. Sometime it makes substantial progress. In all instances it eventually fails. Mark Space has been provided with verbose logs of these attempts.

The simple fact is Mark Space technical support ("support" is a misnomer) does not know what the problem is or how to fix it. Moreover, from reading these forums, it is clear that I am far from alone in suffering these issues. Given this, one has to ask why Palm is permitting this program to be sold through the App Store?
    I never could get missing sync working for mac os 10.4. Luckily I was able to use the trial before proceeding with the buy
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    We don't have a Mac at my home, but we did want to sync my wife's Pre to Outlook on a home PC. I tried the version of MissingSync for the PC that was just before the current one. I got it to partially work (as in connect) but no information moved or sync'd.

After a couple of emails with tech support, another version appeared for the PC (the current one). But they called it a beta release AND wanted $30 for it (a $10 "savings" over the $40 list since I was a previous user). $30 for software that is still called beta and hasn't demonstrated it can work? I declined.

I went with Chapura's product (PocketMirror) and it was flawless from the first sync. Haven't looked back or regretted it.
    Any update on this? I'm between PocketMirror (with the new Outlook folders sync) and MissingSync (with all the extras, except above)...
    Thanks for the heads up the "missing" missing sync. Persoanlly, google calendar and contact syncing works fine with iCal and Mac address book with Snow Leopard.
    <<Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Any update on this? I'm between PocketMirror (with the new Outlook folders sync) and MissingSync (with all the extras, except above)...
    Please note that Mark/Space has recently updated The Missing Sync for WebOS to version 1.2, which allows for true, two-way syncing of notes and tasks (as well as the contacts and calendar data).
    I've been generally quite pleased with how The Missing Sync performs with my Pre and MacBook Pro (especially now it syncs Tasks too); occasional errors have usually been cleared by restarting either the Pre or the App on the Mac.

However, I'm currently getting DeviceException: Device error: com.palm.calendar is not running in The Missing Sync, which is preventing the calendars from Syncing - any ideas, folks?
    Last edited by scstock; 07/08/2010 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scstock View Post
    I've been generally quite pleased with how The Missing Sync performs with my Pre and MacBook Pro (especially now it syncs Tasks too); occasional errors have usually been cleared by restarting either the Pre or the App on the Mac.

However, I'm currently getting DeviceException: Device error: com.palm.calendar is not running in The Missing Sync, which is preventing the calendars from Syncing - any ideas, folks?
    I had that issue. Can't remember the solution (and calendars are the bane of Missing Sync, it really runs into issues).

Try the following:
    1. Stop/start missing sync on the Mac, retry
    2. reboot mac, retry.
    3. Change missing sync settings on Mac to not sync calendar, retry
    4. Uninstall/reinstall missing sync on the Pre, then set up device, retry

#3 works alot for me. I then try to sync the calendar, a bit at a time (1 day, then 1 week, etc.).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I had that issue. Can't remember the solution (and calendars are the bane of Missing Sync, it really runs into issues).

Try the following:
    1. Stop/start missing sync on the Mac, retry
    2. reboot mac, retry.
    3. Change missing sync settings on Mac to not sync calendar, retry
    4. Uninstall/reinstall missing sync on the Pre, then set up device, retry

#3 works alot for me. I then try to sync the calendar, a bit at a time (1 day, then 1 week, etc.).

Actually, that sounds like issue is Pre. Maybe reboot pre, retry?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.