Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Every time I try to run delete_contacts.sql I get many lines that end with "DELETE: not found". Any help would be appreciated
    Sounds like the app you are working on is still buggy, and the guy who developed the other backup is charging $5 for it, which I object to on principle.

Thankfully, I was able to modify this script to just get my Facebook & local contacts exported to csv (and learned a bunch about shell scripts in the process). Just wanted to say thanks.
    Just out of curiosity why do you object to his $5 charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Just out of curiosity why do you object to his $5 charge?
    Eh, his code went from bounty paid to a suggested donation to a required fee. He has the right to do whatever he wants with his code, his justification for it just seems sketchy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    However, keep in mind that I did not intend to really make money off of the tool. It was more to offset my time and effort. If I really wanted to charge what I feel the tool is worth, it would be at least double the nominal cost I currently give it away for.
    I'm not paying someone $5 who feels this way, especially when more altruistic individuals have provided free options that give me an opportunity to learn a little more about Linux and my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Every time I try to run delete_contacts.sql I get many lines that end with "DELETE: not found". Any help would be appreciated
    Run the following from /var/luna/data/dbdata:
    sqlite3 PalmDatabase.db3 < workspace/delete_contacts.sql
    Hi all,

Have been using Google to do all this for me since I lost the will to live when the Palm Profile (cloud) lost my information for a second time, having not a great deal of knowledge about the syncing of accounts etc, I just emailed all my contacts vcards to myself and imported them into Google with a "2" added to the name of every contact just so I could tell the difference when syncing and Google did the rest.

Just having had to rely on Google for my changover to a Palm Pre Plus after my old Palm Pre went through a repair grinder...cant praise Google enough...took around two minutes to get all my contacts back after adding my gmail account on my new phone, and thats ALL the info including bdays/nicknames/email adresses/url's.

Palm should feel ashamed there is no proper contacts management of our cloud right on the phone and the option to sync and check what we want.

What I would also like to see is a little more on phone contacts management between SIM/Phone/Profiles ie.

Delete all contacts
    Move all contacts

yknow like Nokia was doing about 5 years ago...

Red
    Wasn't impressed with Pre3 so I'm outie to Android ... this script worked great but I had to hassle with it: didn't have perl on device so just copied the database locally and ran a modified version of the scripts there.

Linked contacts is web os's best feature - too bad it's best use for exporting them to your next platform.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123