Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I could use this too!
    TJB you need help? I got talked thru it not as hard as it looks mail me thebenjij#aol.com
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Hey Ben, instead of upgrading to Win7, I decided to write a script for this. Too much guess work involved in walking someone through this again. Just way too many places for errors. ;0)

The script does everything that the OP says needs to be done. There is some error handling and checking to see if certain things are installed or not.

Some assumptions are made... You've rooted your Pre, Installed Optware-bootstrap and Quilt per webos-internals.org 'Next Steps'....[needed for ipkg-opt]

Would love for ppl to try it out and give me feed back. I have some ideas on how to improve the script further. I'll wait to hear what ppl think so far tho.

Installation/Usage:
    1. download zip file and extract.
    2. copy the file to root on the Palm Pre [WebOS QI or sFTP or via USB drive]
    3. Log into Pre as root and make file executable chmod 755 MvPre2Gmail
    4. Run MvPre2Gmail

Be gentle...this is my first linux batch program!!! lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrewPre; 10/21/2009 at 03:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    You will still have to go through and manually delete each and every contact from your Palm Pre profile before you can sync with Google Gmail. Otherwise you'll hav duplicate contacts [1 for Gmail and 1 for Palm] that will probably end up being linked but that would annoy me!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    So if someone could write a script to do this whole thing, that would be a great service. ..................
    Done!
    Hi, thanks for the script! This is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm having a problem running it. It gets to the point where it tries to run the googlcsv file and it says it isnt found. I go to the /var/luna/data/dbdata/workspace folder and the googlecsv file is indeed there. I view the file and it looks ok, I can also chmod the file. For some reason when I try to execute the file it says the file is not found.
    Any ideas?
    Code:
    root@castle:/var/luna/data/dbdata/workspace# ./googlecsv
    ./googlecsv
    /bin/sh: ./googlecsv: not found
    Well, not a huge deal if you don't know off the top of your head, I don't need to use the script anymore. I only have around 75 contacts and I just hand entered them into my google contacts in gmail and it synced them onto my phone.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ok, here is my problem. I have NEVER used Google. So therefore I have no contacts on it. What I want to do is print out my clients phone numbers. Is there any way I can do this? Somehow get my palm contacts into another program?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    use the script to export the contacts to CSV then open the CSV in MS Excel and print them out.

you can also use Excel to filter out non-clients.

@romanodog, sorry for the delayed response... I didn't notice that there were replies in this thread until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Hmmm ... I wish there was a way to move my google contacts to my Palm profile. Would a few minor changes accomplish this?
    We are all trying to get away fast from the Palm Profile.. Why do you want the palm profile to manage your precious contacts. Cant even log into the site and see them. I lost yrs of contacts from a so called server error when restoring my Pre! Im gonna try the script, its only directions..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Wow! Great app DrewPre!!! The next evolution for an app like this imo would be if it was possible to SYNC contacts between various profiles like google, yahoo, and palm profile natively on the Pre....that would be the HOLY GRAIL of synergy contact sync imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    this has helped out tons with people who swap to the pre and then decide to swap back. you need to market this app to third party sprint stores. I would make my S+R manager buy this. Please keep this great work up!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    can't figure out how to execute file

fml
    A member here at the forums wrote an application for your computer to take all contacts off the Pre and put them in a .csv file:

Xybyresoft WebOS Products
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    A member here at the forums wrote an application for your computer to take all contacts off the Pre and put them in a .csv file:

Xybyresoft WebOS Products

Hmmm, I can't get his program to work. It keeps giving me a SQL Error (null) and creates a file with no data...
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs86 View Post
    Hmmm, I can't get his program to work. It keeps giving me a SQL Error (null) and creates a file with no data...

Here is the thread where it came from: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-contacts.html

- I think the version he had uploaded didn't work w/ 1.3.1 until very recently (perhaps yesterday)... anyhow contact him for support. In the thread there are a few beta versions.. then the real deal deeper within the thread.

And here is a newer thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-easy-too.html
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Wow! Great app DrewPre!!! The next evolution for an app like this imo would be if it was possible to SYNC contacts between various profiles like google, yahoo, and palm profile natively on the Pre....that would be the HOLY GRAIL of synergy contact sync imo...
    Don't forget us Mac guys too Being able to sync to the .Mac or Mobile Me could would be awesome too! Then our Macs, iPhones (that are sitting on the desk unused) and our Pre's could all meet up in the clouds
    Does anyone else think this is basic functionality that Palm should provide? Rather than forcing a hack?

Thanks to the original poster and the creator of the work around, just a little angry at Palm and getting angrier every day.
    Thank you
    how could I edit the script to show me which names had to many emails or phone numbers so I could manually add them.
    I surely wish I was not too scared to follow this. I surely need someone to do it for me. I am afraid that I will delete the whole phone. Yikes!
    I miss palm likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast