Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey there!

OK please bare with me... I'm not electronically inclined and am certainly new to using the Pre.

Q: Is anyone having issues SENDING or REPLYING when using their AOL email account? I have my account set up correctly as per what I was able to find here in the forums. I can receive e-mail...I just can't send or reply.

Q: How do I sychronize this my Pre on my desktop PC?

Q: What's all the buzz on Yahoo Messenger? How do I get it for my Pre?

Q: Any Ideas? I have copyrighted an idea for an App. However, I have no idea how to write code. Any ideas?

Any and all input on the ove questions is welcome and I thank you in advance.

Peace,
    Chris
    Shark918v
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark918v View Post

[Q: Is anyone having issues SENDING or REPLYING when using their AOL email account? I have my account set up correctly as per what I was able to find here in the forums. I can receive e-mail...I just can't send or reply.

Q: How do I sychronize this my Pre on my desktop PC?

Q: What's all the buzz on Yahoo Messenger? How do I get it for my Pre?

Q: Any Ideas? I have copyrighted an idea for an App. However, I have no idea how to write code. Any ideas?

Any and all input on the ove questions is welcome and I thank you in advance.
    1. I have aol email set up as one of my emails, and it works excellently. You realize you need to set it up in email (but this is very simple, just entering your screen name and password), right? I suppose you could go to the aol website and do emails from there, but it would be a pain.

2. Palm doesn't intend you to synch onto your desktop. Most of your information (notably contacts and calendar, and notably _NOT_ including memos) is automatically stored on the web. It should be backed up every night automatically (Mine hasn't been doing it for a few days, probably because of all the WebOS patches putting a strain on the system) and you can also do it manually under "backup" on the launcher. There is an application out there if you feel you must backup on the computer, I believe the name is "missing synch", but I don't use it myself so not positive.

3. I think Yahoo Messenger is coming for the Pre, and there have been hints, but it is not here yet. Google Messenger, and regular phone-based text messaging work now.

4. I haven't a clue about writing apps.

There's a book called "Palm Pre: The Missing Manual" that may be of interest to you. Available through amazon.com for about 2/3 the price it sells for in bookstores.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    my aol mail works great