1.    #1  
    I recently synced my Pre with Outlook for my work email and it worked like a charm.... maybe too good. My supervisor saw my Pre and I told him how I had it synced and he went ballistic and told me to REMOVE the sync because it was costing the County that I work for $25.00 per month to have my phone sync with Microsoft Exchange.... I think he is full of it and just hates that he cannot do it with his cell phone. I need to know for sure and I have tried to find the answer but, I am stumped.....
    There are no additional licensing fees for using ActiveSync on Exchange. Unless your county's e-mail system is hosted but that's still not a likely fee.

He may be thinking of the fees associated with Blackberry devices.
  3.    #3  
    The outgoing mail server is "scowa.sc.gov" I do not know if that makes a difference... I had my phone synced without problems and without any IT help. I just ned to be 100% sure I am not costing my agency a monthly fee for using Microsoft Exchange....
    can you provide a step by step instructions because I have tried with our IT department to make it work but it did not work