Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Argh.. I'm still having issues. This all happened after 1.2.... I sent my self a test message and its taking over 20min to get to my phone after being sent. I have it set to "As Items Arrive".

    *** is going on? this all worked fine before the update.
  2.    #2  
    no one else?
  3. #3  
    I applied the new update but still no luck syncing my exchange account. I deleted the account and re-added. It took all the information and then when I clicked sign-in it appears to have accepted all the info (no error messages).


    However when I access the mail app all I see is my exchange acct with only an outbox. I tried sending mail but it just sits in the outbox.


    I have reset my palm but that did not start a synch.
  4. #4  
    Have you tried the 1.2.1 update?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Have you tried the 1.2.1 update?
    Ya.. I have it installed now, still the same problems. I can manually sync my email.. but if I dont manually sync my email or calendar, it takes 30min to update automatically.

    It used to be super fast. I would get an email and BOOM it would hit my Pre. I would have a change in my calendar, boom my pre would have it also.

    I dont get it?
  6. #6  
    yes I applies the 1.2.1 update. I am wondering if htere mught e a server side setting that is stopping me from synching as I receive no error messages on my devide. My company does enforce password and is running Exchange 2003 I think. With the followng settings (according to our exchange admin):

    password length set to 4 and

    no maximum idle time out failures

    No Time without user input before password must be re-entered (in minutes) Not an option
  7. #7  
    After the 1.2.1 update, exchanged worked for me. The only thing is it asked for a phone lock pin code, which I created. Exchange is good but now I have to enter a pin code and there isn't an option for me to disable, only to change the pin. Did that happend to anyone else during setup?
  8. noaxis2's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #8  
    not working for me anymore! I had only been using the exchange acct for a week and was liking it.
  9. #9  
    Ive been tied to Exchange 2007 since 1.1.0 and thus far have had zero issues
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmit View Post
    After the 1.2.1 update, exchanged worked for me. The only thing is it asked for a phone lock pin code, which I created. Exchange is good but now I have to enter a pin code and there isn't an option for me to disable, only to change the pin. Did that happend to anyone else during setup?
    Yes, my Exchange works just as you describe, including the mandatory PIN settings. The mandatory PIN is a policy set on your Exchange server. The Pre is just following the orders given to it by the policy.

    This is as it should be.

    Now, the only issue is that Palm hasn't provided client-side options to support the lock timeout. Right now the lock occurs when the screen turns off regardless of the timeout policy on the Exchange server.

    So there is still some work to do, but at least it is syncing (for me, anyway).
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Yes, my Exchange works just as you describe, including the mandatory PIN settings. The mandatory PIN is a policy set on your Exchange server. The Pre is just following the orders given to it by the policy.

    This is as it should be.

    Now, the only issue is that Palm hasn't provided client-side options to support the lock timeout. Right now the lock occurs when the screen turns off regardless of the timeout policy on the Exchange server.

    So there is still some work to do, but at least it is syncing (for me, anyway).
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if I needed to delete then re-setup my account again. I hope they take care of this, although I'm happy I can regain the use of my business email...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lmc60193 View Post
    I applied the new update but still no luck syncing my exchange account. I deleted the account and re-added. It took all the information and then when I clicked sign-in it appears to have accepted all the info (no error messages).


    However when I access the mail app all I see is my exchange acct with only an outbox. I tried sending mail but it just sits in the outbox.


    I have reset my palm but that did not start a synch.
    I'm having this exact problem.

    In the initial release I got the error about security settings. In 1.1 I got bad incoming mail server error. In 1.2 and 1.2.1, I'm getting only Outbox and constant "Login credentials rejected" errors.
  13. #13  
    Try using "domain/username" (with a forward slash) for the username and leaving the domain blank.
  14. #14  
    In reading the forums it seems that there are a few different "issues" that people are having with EAS support...

    I am having the same exact problem as gettinapre. In 1.1 I got bad incoming mail server error. In 1.2 and 1.2.1, I'm getting only Outbox and constant "Login credentials rejected" errors.

    I've tried leaving the domain blank and using "domain/username" with no success.

    By the way, had no problems setting up access to my work email with a blackberry (using BIS with my personal phone and BES with my corporate phone). And I even managed to get it working with my Instinct (that was a sad time in my life...).

    However, I've never been able to get EAS working with the PRE. Like many others, I can browse to the OWA website and access it that way, but that isn't ideal.

    Thank you in advance.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Try using "domain/username" (with a forward slash) for the username and leaving the domain blank.
    I've used domain populated, blank domain and domain/username, blank domain and username@domain.com, all with the same results.

    I changed my password to see if that was the problem, but no luck.
  16. #16  
    I had no exchange problems with 1.2 but now that I installed 1.2.1 I am having major problems.. WhenI open an email it is blank instead of showing the text of the email. Anyone else having these problems?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I had no exchange problems with 1.2 but now that I installed 1.2.1 I am having major problems.. WhenI open an email it is blank instead of showing the text of the email. Anyone else having these problems?
    I was having the same issue. I just closed all my cards, let it chill for a bit, then opened it up again and it was working fine.

    What drove me nuts for the better part of most of today was that after the 1.2.1 update, I could no longer log into exchange. It kept giving me that security error.

    Changing my username to my full email address fixed it in a jiffy. I was actually quite annoyed that it took me so long to figure out that simple remedy.
    Darcy's Law: Q=KA (dh/dl)
  18. #18  
    I've never gotten anything other that the the "Unable to validate..." error, ever. My two phones prior to the Pre (Treo, Instinct) connected to my work Exchange fine. Yes, I've already tried all the different ways to type in the configuration.

    I'm disappointed in the Pre. Its selling point was that it was suppose to link up with everything and sync it all together seamlessly. Instead, that is what the Pre does worse than any smart phone I've owned.
  19. csquare's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #19  
    Just a reiteration to check for caps. Exchange servers are case sensitive and the Pre does cap the first letter.
  20. rfs830's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #20  
    the pre does not cap the first letter on my pre. I am also having problems after the update. I get the pre always asking for my login info. I think this is also locking me out at work all the time now. Palm has to fix this soon. Im going to try to go back to 1.1 as I need my email working.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions