1.    #1  
    I just got my pre today. The problem i am having is that I cannot get my computer to recognize it when I plug it into any of the USB ports. I get the message that I need to install the new harware but when I set it to download as a USB, I cannot find the phone. I also have an Iphone so I cannot download an earlier version because itunes has already been updated.
    I downloaded the winamp software but it does notice my pre. How can i get this thing going? hopefully this makes since. I think I am going to like the phone once I can get my music on it.
    i can sync music from media player but when i goto music on the p[re it tells me my library is empty .when i connect to computer and open pre drive all the music is there but wont let me play anything why?
    Delete and re-sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by DashD View Post
    I downloaded the winamp software but it does notice my pre.
    @Dash - Did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same trouble. Winamp does not see my Pre. I've tried everything. Uninstalling/reinstalling Winamp. Even took my Pre to the Doctor to start completely fresh. Can't figure it out. Winamp sees the Pre if I set it up as a USB drive, but that gives less control than MediaSync. Winamp does not see my Pre when I connect it in MediaSync mode.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I've updated and installed iTunes and have the latest WindowsMediaPlayer for XP. Neither of them seem to want to easily sync music to my Pre[1.2.1].
    What is everyone using?
    I am able to cut/past using explorer (with Pre set as USB drive), but it seems like there should be a way to organize things better.
    Is there any Palm syncing software? WMP recognizes that the Pre is there, but then keeps telling me to connect it and nothing I do will get me past that.
    iTunes opens when I connect my Pre, but doesn't seem to want to do anything else.