Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not only has the Pre decided to drop the last day of mutliple-day events, but today, it decided to add duplicates! That's right, I'm going to work twice each day from now on. Woo hoo; I hope my employer pays me twice
    And it's not sync'ing certain events and calendars, either.

I've never complained about cool features that are missing from the Pre's calendar app, but when it can't even get synergy straight...it's useless!
    Do you ever use the web interface of Google Calendar? Maybe you made changes to a setting that caused the events to recreate?

Maybe there was a hiccup, but Google Calendar and the Palm Pre Calendar both work fine. You just had an issue with it, no need to broadcast your belief that the entire program sucks to everyone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    Do you ever use the web interface of Google Calendar? Maybe you made changes to a setting that caused the events to recreate?

Maybe there was a hiccup, but Google Calendar and the Palm Pre Calendar both work fine. You just had an issue with it, no need to broadcast your belief that the entire program sucks to everyone.
    Thanks; I haven't changed any Google settings, and others are reporting the same issues. The dropped last day is particularly annoying, as it seems as if you have a free day

Yeah, I'm whining, but when I'm not alone, and we're talking about a core function...that's pretty bad.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So far mine is working perfectly and 1.2 fixed my sync issues.
    I am having the same exact problem. One of many!!!

*I never know when stuff I add to the calendar on my pre will show up on google calendars. Some do some don't!!

*If I change a recurring event on my pre it completely gets rid of it or some of it on GC.

*It just started to drop the last day of a recurring event after upgrade to 1.2

My whole business revolves around my calendar. I never had this problem with my centro. Don't get me wrong I love my Pre, but give me a break!!! They took away the ability to sync to Palm Desktop and now our only option is unreliable. My calendar worked fine for the first month or two and then started to have problems. I have tryed every fix I can find and nothing works long term.

I can't find a post or info any place that google or palm acknowledges this problem.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tkonle View Post
    I am having the same exact problem. One of many!!!

*I never know when stuff I add to the calendar on my pre will show up on google calendars. Some do some don't!!

*If I change a recurring event on my pre it completely gets rid of it or some of it on GC.

*It just started to drop the last day of a recurring event after upgrade to 1.2

My whole business revolves around my calendar. I never had this problem with my centro. Don't get me wrong I love my Pre, but give me a break!!! They took away the ability to sync to Palm Desktop and now our only option is unreliable. My calendar worked fine for the first month or two and then started to have problems. I have tryed every fix I can find and nothing works long term.

I can't find a post or info any place that google or palm acknowledges this problem.
    I have many multi-day events and it is dropping the last day. This is an ubber-fail palm. plz fix ASAP!!!
  7.    #7  
    I'm glad you guys chimed in. If it's any consolation, one of the mods has already forwarded the dropped-days bug to Palm. I adore my Pre, but right now, I can't trust its calendar app for anything, and I wouldn't DARE initiate any calendar inputs on it...that's just a recipe for Google Calendar disaster
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dw8928 View Post
    So far mine is working perfectly and 1.2 fixed my sync issues.
    you know what's funny? When yours (and I'm sure many others) got fixed, ours got broken. I wonder what's up with that.
    Mine dropped the last day of a multi-day event synced from Exchange, so it's not just Google sync. Edit: well, actually, it just doesn't display the last day of the event. If I click on it, it says it is 3 days long (Fri-Sun) and shows the correct dates for start and end, but it doesn't show up on the calendar view. I suspect it is mishandling the end date when displaying the view, not actually dropping them. Edit again: Ok, I guess it's more screwy than that -- a multi-day event created on my Pre displays fine.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/02/2009 at 12:57 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Mine dropped the last day of a multi-day event synced from Exchange, so it's not just Google sync. Edit: well, actually, it just doesn't display the last day of the event. If I click on it, it says it is 3 days long (Fri-Sun) and shows the correct dates for start and end, but it doesn't show up on the calendar view. I suspect it is mishandling the end date when displaying the view, not actually dropping them. Edit again: Ok, I guess it's more screwy than that -- a multi-day event created on my Pre displays fine.
    I noticed the same thing you mentioned: the info in the Pre is correct, it's just that the last day doesn't display in any calendar view. Interesting find about events created in the Pre, though.
    On my pre It does not display the last day of a multi day event as well.
    I find it amusing that I have had this issue for a while, and I find others with the same issue on treo central. I found no mention of this on precentral. Huh.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    God$##^&. I was really hoping this was fixed before i get my PRE. Please tell me that this is not true. To make sure I have this right, 1.2 did not fix the bugs with the calendar syncing to Google account?

That is killing me, as the calendar feature is probably the most valuable app to a smartphone. It virtually killed the idea of carrying a planner anymore. It was what Palm Pilots were known for before smartphones even existed. How could Palm let this one slide by halfass?

Anyone not having problems? I am hoping it is an isolated problem with just some accounts.

Anyone?

Anyone?
    I have noticed that when I log into Google calendar from the web my holidays are not only duplicating, but multiplying! I have 18 Thanksgivings! My Pre only shows one.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    After 1.2 my pre keep saying my Google calendar has the wrong password even though I am logged in.
    I am having the last day dropping issue, too. Not losing sleep over it but I hope they fix it soon 'cuz this baby is my brain at work...and I don't mean my brain is working...
    anyone download 1.21 to see if it fixed the issue? They said it fixed some exchange calendar sync issues, just wondering if it fixed the multi-day issue...for some reason i'm unable to download 1.21 right now and i'm not pushing it yet, since 1.2 crashed my phone after the update...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    What I've noticed with my Calendar is that if I modify an event on the PRE then the event in Google disappears entirely. I have to add or delete and re-add any modifications. Not a quality feature of the WebOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qigate View Post
    What I've noticed with my Calendar is that if I modify an event on the PRE then the event in Google disappears entirely. I have to add or delete and re-add any modifications. Not a quality feature of the WebOS...
    I, too, am suffering the disappearing-from-Google-after-editing-on-the-Pre issue. Other syncing among Google-Pre-iCal seems to be OK. I am using webOS 1.2.1.
    Strange. It works fine here. I can create a muti-day event on google cal, it shows up on the pre after syncing (with all 3 days), and then deleting from the pre eliminates it.

I am using ONLY google calendar as my synced calendar.
    I am running WebOS 1.2.1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast