Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Strange. It works fine here. I can create a muti-day event on google cal, it shows up on the pre after syncing (with all 3 days), and then deleting from the pre eliminates it.

I am using ONLY google calendar as my synced calendar.
    I am running WebOS 1.2.1
    Jaytee, please do me a favor. First, make sure Google Calendar is set as default on your Pre, then edit an event on your Pre, Sync your calendars and then see if the changes took place properly on your Google Calendar.

It's been the experience of some of us that a simple edit on the Pre causes the event to be erased from the Google Calendar.

@ Goldyman and Qigate - I have the exact same issue and reported it to Palm with no reply yet.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I too am having difficulties with google sync. I have a google email account but is a secondary one that supplements my hotmail account. I rarely send any emails from the google account. Last night I started to use google calendars solely for the sports calendar function, that way when I sync the google calendar I will have all the games from my favorite sports teams. I have added no personal events to the google calendar. So, I synced the google account last night and it synced the personal and holiday events but none of the sports events. Anyone else having problems like this?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    I, too, am suffering the disappearing-from-Google-after-editing-on-the-Pre issue. Other syncing among Google-Pre-iCal seems to be OK. I am using webOS 1.2.1.
    Try this!

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...82#post1967182
    FrankenPre2!!!
    there are at least 4 different threads with this issue being brought up (and resolved). I wonder if there's a more efficient way to get the word out so that people aren't pulling their hair out and wasting time manually fixing their calendar entries?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycheese View Post
    there are at least 4 different threads with this issue being brought up (and resolved). I wonder if there's a more efficient way to get the word out so that people aren't pulling their hair out and wasting time manually fixing their calendar entries?
    You're right about that. Part of the problem, of course, is that threads devolve into MANY different issues as people vent their frustration with other app issues. So when you say "this issue being brought up," the question, even in this short thread, becomes: "WHICH of the issues that have been mentioned so far?" And then, the "fix" may not be a real fix anyway.

For example: the suggestion to allow invitations to your calendar through GCal's settings. Yes, that will allow items created on the Pre to show up in GCal, whereas selecting "No" will not. But this is a work-around, at best. When you do that, GCal will treat any event you create in any of your calendars EXCEPT FOR YOUR PRIMARY ONE, as an invitation from someone else even if you are the owner of the calendar the event was created in!

So, I have a calendar in my GCal for each member of my family. GCal understands that I own all those calendars, but Pre does not. If I put a doctor's appointment into my son's calendar through the Pre, it shows up on GCal, but it treats me as an invitee to the event, even though I'm the one that created it! So my one-yr-old son is inviting ME to the event I created in one of MY calendars. Same for work, birthdays, or any other calendar but your primary. Minor issue, but then a question mark appears in GCal until you "respond" to the invitation. And if you need to change it, make sure you don't forget to notify every "invitee!" That's a work-around, not a solution. Synergy should be seamless and flawless.

I know it's a daunting task, but it would be nice to have a "SOLVED" label, like the Palm support forums have (with the solution post highlighted). Or maybe issues with solutions should be isolated and stickied.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c152pilot View Post
    After 1.2 my pre keep saying my Google calendar has the wrong password even though I am logged in.
    Mine is doing the same thing.....even though events are updating correctly. Any thoughts?
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I scanned the forums and didn't find an answer to this... so here goes...

Since the 1.2 upgrade, some of my all-day Google Calendar entries now appear as timed events from 12:00am to 11:59pm on my Pre. I did not edit these entried on either Google Calendar or the Pre, and they used to be fine before the 1.2 update.

Anyone run into this? Any solutions?

Thanks!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post

Since the 1.2 upgrade, some of my all-day Google Calendar entries now appear as timed events from 12:00am to 11:59pm on my Pre. I did not edit these entried on either Google Calendar or the Pre, and they used to be fine before the 1.2 update.

Thanks!
    Yup. Happens to me from time to time. And you have colored bars going all the way down the affected day(s) in day and week view, right? I have NO idea why, or how, the Pre decides to change the event from all-day to timed as you describe. I've decided not to mess with it any more, so I can't remember, but I think if you correct it back to all-day on the Pre, it'll create a DUPLICATE event. Then, when you delete one of the duplicates on the Pre, it'll delete the event completely in GCal; nice, huh?

My solution has been to delete the event completely, and just re-enter it in GCal. Usually have to do that once a week with my work schedule. Talk about annoying....
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Wow yes that is annoying! The GCal entries are correct (all day entries) but most of them appear as 12:00-11:59 times events on my Pre. Oh well... time to fire up GCal...
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I've never complained about cool features that are missing from the Pre's calendar app, but when it can't even get synergy straight...it's useless!
    Yep. I feel your pain. Check out my thread i started concerning the useless calendar app.
    Syncing works fine for me, but i just have problems with the loading times. Is there any way to store all the events on the phone itself?
  12. JW
    I just recieved my Pre today and synced it to my Google calendar. Oddly enough it correctly synced my October and November events but it refuses to show visual representation in month view for everything past November. Am I doing something wrong? Help would be much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post

Thanks!
    I'm having this problem, too, though I'm not sure it began after 1.2 for me. I think it happened prior to that, too. I'm still looking for a solution.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    No one seems to have the same problem I do...on my Google Calendar, I have 1 recurring event (weekly) on a Sunday's. Shows up correctly on Google Calendar, but shows up as Monday's on my Pre. It doesn't do that with anything else on that calendar though...just that recurring event. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qigate View Post
    What I've noticed with my Calendar is that if I modify an event on the PRE then the event in Google disappears entirely. I have to add or delete and re-add any modifications. Not a quality feature of the WebOS...
    Add me to the list of people who have the "edit on pre, disappears from web interface" problem. This is really unacceptable. My blackberry with google sync never had these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qigate View Post
    What I've noticed with my Calendar is that if I modify an event on the PRE then the event in Google disappears entirely. I have to add or delete and re-add any modifications. Not a quality feature of the WebOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Yup, that worked! (sorta, the invite thing from yourself is kinda lame).

Does anybody know how to make google calendar not add both an email and popup reminder by default? I certainly don't need an email going to my pre when I'm also having the pre alert me if I set an alarm for an event.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Does anybody know how to make google calendar not add both an email and popup reminder by default? I certainly don't need an email going to my pre when I'm also having the pre alert me if I set an alarm for an event.
    Found it:

Change your default notification settings - Google Calendar Help
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Actually, nope. Crap. Any time you set a reminder on the pre both email and popup are set in google calendar. *sigh*.
    FYI:

Problem: Repeat events on Pre stopped showing up on Google Calendar (no Pre editing done).

Fix: Change google calendar on Pre event (i.e. personal to work). Shows back up on Google Calendar. Move back to original calendar and everything's back to normal.

Problem: Changed color on google calendar. All events disappear in that calendar disappear on Pre.

Fix: Remove Google Calendar Account and re-add account.

Honestly, way too many problems with Synergy.
  20. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by Vij

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I'm having this problem, too, though I'm not sure it began after 1.2 for me. I think it happened prior to that, too. I'm still looking for a solution.

Rob
    Found a solution that is not too painful and has worked!

Basically, you need to turn off your Palm Profile backup and delete it, remove gCal account from your Pre, re-add gCal to your Pre, and finally re-enable the backups.

Palm Support : Calendar data duplication
    Last edited by Vij; 11/01/2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added original quote
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast