1.    #1  
    So I work for a small company who (smartly or not has yet to be determined) allows me pretty much full access over all of our servers. My IT background is all self education in that when we have an issue I simply hobble my way around the internet to see if I can find a solution, which has surprisingly worked for the past 8 months or so. I have always been a computer nerd of sorts so I suppose I've been doing that sort of thing for a while now.

Anyway I did purchase a Pre right about the time they were released but have always been too busy to bother trying to sync it to our exchange server. After seeing all of the threads from the horror stories from the 1.2 update, for some stupid reason I decided I had to give it a shot and so here I am asking probably the dumbest question you guys will see.

Where exactly on the exchange server console can I find the incoming mail server? I've managed to get the options for the workaround all set, but for the life of me I can't find the web address.

Thanks for all of your help, and count me among the new believers in Palm as this is my first ever Palm device.
    I'm not kidding here when I say...If you can't answer this for yourself step away from the server and call the IT Guy/Professional. Your going to screw something up and badly.

However....there really is no way for us to guess your external FQDN for e-mail without more info. It can depend on a great many things and the local Domain Name of your server may not match the external at all. Do a MX lookup for your company's domain on line and you should see it there.

That said...what is the URL you use to connect to OWA? First thing to try would be that minus the \exchange.
  3.    #3  
    Yea the reason I'm asking is to prevent some unforseable mistake on my part, I don't go poking in our servers for fun, mostly it's been for creating/editing accounts and such. As far as IT goes for our company I'm pretty much it so when I can't figure something out we're SOL, at least until our funding gets increased (we do have an emergency IT contractor just in case it's a dire emergency).

I just assumed there would be a setting somewhere in the exchange console that basically said "incoming mail server address:" but I guess not (which makes me feel a little better in not finding it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman81 View Post
    I just assumed there would be a setting somewhere in the exchange console that basically said "incoming mail server address:" but I guess not (which makes me feel a little better in not finding it)
    Unfortunately, no, that's not how it works. Your Exchange servers must be setup for Active Sync which is an additional part of Exchange and requires a web server. You might even be able to install it on the same physical server though we keep ours separate for security and other reasons. Then, that web server must be published to the Internet, usually using NAT but it can use a reverse proxy, and access allowed to it through your firewall. I'm guessing you have Internet access where you work. Who maintains that access?
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad