Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    anyone figure out how to sync the google sports calender onto the pre? it will sync my other google calenders but not sports.
    yea u cant use those google ones because they are web based only, my workaround was going to yahoo to the teams schedule you want and you can import those into google calendar and that should do the trick

took me 1 minute to load both chicago bulls and bears schedules
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    that is odd because the US holiday calender is a web based one and it synced to my pre but the sports calender is the same thing.
    I had the same problem, and asked the same question in these forums. Here's what I did:

I gave up, and did the same thing pre_dude did.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_dude View Post
    yea u cant use those google ones because they are web based only, my workaround was going to yahoo to the teams schedule you want and you can import those into google calendar and that should do the trick

took me 1 minute to load both chicago bulls and bears schedules
    Thank you so much. I was really frustrated about this until I saw your suggestion. Worked like a charm. I really didn't want to have to copy the entire Miami Heat schedule one by one. Thank you again...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So the Homebrew app 'Sports Calendar' isn't good enough or something? It's about to be submitted the the official Palm catalog.

Works perfectly. Got an entire local NBA season (including pre-season) games with who they play, where and when they play, and when available the tv station I can view it on. Also with an option of when to be reminded with an alert.

I don't think the Google calendar is meant to sync with phones but the Homebrew available to us is better in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So the Homebrew app 'Sports Calendar' isn't good enough or something? It's about to be submitted the the official Palm catalog.

Works perfectly. Got an entire local NBA season (including pre-season) games with who they play, where and when they play, and when available the tv station I can view it on. Also with an option of when to be reminded with an alert.

I don't think the Google calendar is meant to sync with phones but the Homebrew available to us is better in my opinion.
    That's definitely a good solution and good to hear the author is going to submit it soon. I'm going to wait till it hits the Official app catalog, because I'm kinda tired of keeping track of version numbers of programs through homebrew, and like the instant restore feature of stuff you downloaded officially.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Thank you so much. I was really frustrated about this until I saw your suggestion. Worked like a charm. I really didn't want to have to copy the entire Miami Heat schedule one by one. Thank you again...
    No problem, just return the favor by sending Dwayne Wade home to Chicago next year to pair up with Derrick Rose

Sounds cool, I don't have the preseason games on mine, but as previous poster said, I don't want to have to deal with tweaks, I'll wait till it hits the catalog.

Also, why wouldnt google calendar be meant to sync to phones? I think it's great.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Homebrews are not tweaks. I am the least techy guy out there and if I can figure it out anyone can. If youre overly concerned about doing something wrong just go with FileCoaster. Its basic and only gives access to Homebrew. PreWare is a little more advanced but not really. It just provides the Virtual Keyboard and Themes (and some other codey stuff that you dont need to bother with) but that in itself is so incredibly easy to deal with that you will probably step up to that anyways. I would tell anybody to at least get FileCoaster. There is no issues with Homebrews and Palm updates and there are 228 apps in there for free as of today.

I noticed with Google calendar that Holidays, Birthdays and Weather show up in a colored solid block and sync with the Pre. The Sports events do not. I was hoping it would show up later, seeing as how it took my birthdays 2 days to show up on my phone but looks like were out of luck on that.. .
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    No problem, just return the favor by sending Dwayne Wade home to Chicago next year to pair up with Derrick Rose
    Well he hasn't signed with the heat past 2010 so you might have a shot unfortunately.
    I'm a pretty technical guy, and I def consider them tweaks, and to say I'm overly concerned is ridiculous. Look how many people are on these forums worried about un-doing tweak and re-doing tweaks whenever webOS updates come.

I give a lot of respect to what the homebrew community does, but I'm a patient guy and can wait till things come out officially. Unless there is something I really need from homebrew, I'm ok with what the Pre offers.

Talk about overreacting buddy.....thanks for the paragraph explanation, you obviously needed to vent

Homebrews are not tweaks. I am the least techy guy out there and if I can figure it out anyone can. If youre overly concerned about doing something wrong just go with FileCoaster. Its basic and only gives access to Homebrew. PreWare is a little more advanced but not really. It just provides the Virtual Keyboard and Themes (and some other codey stuff that you dont need to bother with) but that in itself is so incredibly easy to deal with that you will probably step up to that anyways. I would tell anybody to at least get FileCoaster. There is no issues with Homebrews and Palm updates and there are 228 apps in there for free as of today.

I noticed with Google calendar that Holidays, Birthdays and Weather show up in a colored solid block and sync with the Pre. The Sports events do not. I was hoping it would show up later, seeing as how it took my birthdays 2 days to show up on my phone but looks like were out of luck on that.. .
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I'm a pretty technical guy, and I def consider them tweaks, and to say I'm overly concerned is ridiculous. Look how many people are on these forums worried about un-doing tweak and re-doing tweaks whenever webOS updates come.

I give a lot of respect to what the homebrew community does, but I'm a patient guy and can wait till things come out officially. Unless there is something I really need from homebrew, I'm ok with what the Pre offers.

Talk about overreacting buddy.....thanks for the paragraph explanation, you obviously needed to vent
    So you claim to research threads and know what your talking about? If you did you would know that Pre is working with homebrewers and that the apps from these guys are completely safe to install and leave installed during Palm updates. Do not discourage people from using them when you obviously don't know what your talking about.
    However, to clarify, real tweaks include Themes, V. Keyboard, and all the mods in the 'tweak' section from QI including 4x4 icons, text forwarding, email in landscape etc. Yes i undid all those easily before 1.2 but plenty of people didn't and the update just overwrote them.
    Tweaks and Homebrew are not the same. That's why I said if your worried about it just use FileCoaster.
    (and who was venting? People ask honest questions and I give honest answers.) C'mon dude
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My google sports calendar is in my device, not sure why it's not in yours. It shows up under my standard google entries, though.