Originally Posted by sacherjj
I am a lil late to this, but figured I would throw in my info for anyone looking at this same type of thing.
Even when set to 1 week my inbox showed nearly 1000 messages that I had pulled from my hotmail (switching to gmail for the pre, but keeping my hotmail address). So anyways after the HOURS yesterday of gmail pulling and the palm syncing.... I had 900+ emails in my inbox going back to 2008.
So I had started to setup some labels in the same manor of some of the folders I have used in hotmail for keeping track of some of my messages (I am horrible at cleaning sitting down and doing this so figured having mobile access would be great). At this point I started realizing not all of the items were showing up on the Pre but were showing up fine in gmail web based on my PC. Also some messages that had shown up labeled in a folder were then refreshing and disapearing from the pre, but still fine on the web based.
So after reading some comments about changing the sync time in the pre settings it appears to me the issue is a combination of how gmail looks at dates of mail, but more so when "archived" via labels or the "all mail" folder the Pre then utilizes the sync time setting.
I cannot verify this completely since my gmail account is new and nearly all mesages were pulled via pop3 from hotmail. So from what I can tell is messages in your "inbox" are treated as new regardless and not filtered by the sync settings anything else is. Not sure if this is specific to the Pre or how IMAP/Pre/Gmail function together. But that's what I have found so far, and hadn't found much else that specifically addressed the difference of the way the mail is handled and why it does or doesn't show up.