Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
       #1  
    On my desktop I went to gmail.com and created three new labels. Soon these appeared on my Pre as folders. On the Pre I moved about 20 messages from my inbox to those folders. When I look at those folders I only see 1-3 messages in each. A resync within the folder doesn't find any more, even a day later. On the web at gmail.com, all of the messages have the labels applied as I expect. Only a single label per message, nothing complicated. Why is the Pre only seeing a few messages in each folder? Anyone seen anything like this?
  2. #2  
    The Pre is setup with a certain limit as to how far back it looks for email. If the messages are older than this limit, they will not be seen on the Pre.

    Email App Menu -> Preferences & Accounts -> GMail Account (under Accounts) -> Sync -> X days/weeks SHOW EMAIL

    If you set it too long, you will pull TONs of messages in your email. Too short, and you can't find the messages you want.

    I find mobile GMail browser site the best bet when looking at historical emails.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  3. #3  
    i've set the limit for mine to be a week but i still have emails in my inbox for a month....????
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  4. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The Pre is setup with a certain limit as to how far back it looks for email. If the messages are older than this limit, they will not be seen on the Pre.

    Email App Menu -> Preferences & Accounts -> GMail Account (under Accounts) -> Sync -> X days/weeks SHOW EMAIL
    That was it! Thanks.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    i've set the limit for mine to be a week but i still have emails in my inbox for a month....????
    I found Gmails interpretation of dates was a little weird. Like the time that it got the message. I imported about a gig of mail from one of my email accounts and they all were only a day old. I had to turn off GMail and let them age. Might be something like that you are running into? Not sure.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I found Gmails interpretation of dates was a little weird. Like the time that it got the message. I imported about a gig of mail from one of my email accounts and they all were only a day old. I had to turn off GMail and let them age. Might be something like that you are running into? Not sure.

    I am a lil late to this, but figured I would throw in my info for anyone looking at this same type of thing.

    Even when set to 1 week my inbox showed nearly 1000 messages that I had pulled from my hotmail (switching to gmail for the pre, but keeping my hotmail address). So anyways after the HOURS yesterday of gmail pulling and the palm syncing.... I had 900+ emails in my inbox going back to 2008.

    So I had started to setup some labels in the same manor of some of the folders I have used in hotmail for keeping track of some of my messages (I am horrible at cleaning sitting down and doing this so figured having mobile access would be great). At this point I started realizing not all of the items were showing up on the Pre but were showing up fine in gmail web based on my PC. Also some messages that had shown up labeled in a folder were then refreshing and disapearing from the pre, but still fine on the web based.



    So after reading some comments about changing the sync time in the pre settings it appears to me the issue is a combination of how gmail looks at dates of mail, but more so when "archived" via labels or the "all mail" folder the Pre then utilizes the sync time setting.

    I cannot verify this completely since my gmail account is new and nearly all mesages were pulled via pop3 from hotmail. So from what I can tell is messages in your "inbox" are treated as new regardless and not filtered by the sync settings anything else is. Not sure if this is specific to the Pre or how IMAP/Pre/Gmail function together. But that's what I have found so far, and hadn't found much else that specifically addressed the difference of the way the mail is handled and why it does or doesn't show up.

Posting Permissions