Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I really just want to do a sync with the MacOS Address Book -- nothing else. However, I want to preserve the photos, so the Missing Sync is not an option for me.

I have been playing with the Data Transfer Assistant for MacOS, and it seems that I can can re-run it over and over to update the Palm Pre. However, I keep on getting multiple entries. Is there any way to sync with the Mac Address book and preserve the photos? I think I may be limited to a one way sycn which might be OK, but I want to eliminate all the duplicate entries.

Any ideas?
    I've set up Address Book to sync with my Google account, and then Synergy syncs it with the Pre. Works great, keeps photos, and two-way syncing.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    I've set up Address Book to sync with my Google account, and then Synergy syncs it with the Pre. Works great, keeps photos, and two-way syncing.
    Thanks Balderson. This has potential. I set this up and was able to transfer my Address Book contact information to Google and to the Palm Pre -- but no photos transfered to either. I'm using the latest version of Leopard.

What might I be doing wrong?
    Hmm, you could try exporting the contacts as a Vcard and importing them into Google.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Hmm, you could try exporting the contacts as a Vcard and importing them into Google.
    That doesn't seem to work either. I tried the version exported from Address Book as well as the one I use to do the original import from the company people finder web site.

Is there any other way to synchronize Address Book with the Palm Pre and get the contact photos like you did with Palm OS?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I just read that the 1.2 update is supposed to allow vCard exchange. That may be the best way to add new contacts to the Pre.