1.    #1  
    I got yahoo mail set up to show email for 1 day. So don't that mean it only suppose to update automatically and show email for 1 day and not 3 days ago. I got to keep changing email from 1 day to 3 days, then refresh then go back and change from 3 days to 1 day to get it show the recent mail. I'm tired of doing that. Is it a yahoo problem or the Pre's
    There are 2 date/time sensitive settings for each e-mail account you add. The first, "Show e-mail", deals with how much e-mail to keep on your phone. That ranges from 1 day, to a month, to all. The second setting, "Get E-mail", controls how often your phone checks for new e-mail. That ranges from "as e-mail arrives" or instant/push e-mail all the way to a manual check. It sounds like you may not have the setting for "Get E-mail" set to check often enough.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    I am having the same problem... it is not getting rid of old emails.
    get hundreds of emails/day, it fills up fast, and after a week, begins to slow down syncs, and really drains the battery fast.

Settings for IMAP account:
    show email: 1 day
    get email: 1hr, 6hrs, 12hrs, 24hrs, manual (tried them all)

removed the email account and recreate it to get rid of weeks old emails.
    then saw what is mentioned above - changed to 3 days, then reset to 1 day before the sync removed the old email

seems like a bug to me!
    well, the 1 day problem still persists; must manually switch to 3day, back to 1 day to get it cleaned up. however, I have noticed that it does not appear to be email causing high battery drain... something else doing it.