Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I posted this in a couple of the different webos 1.2 threads, but didn't see a response.

In my testing with webos 1.2 I couldn't get my exchange server to work. I tried nearly everything, but it just wouldn't allow my EAS server.. kept getting invalid incoming mail server.

Has anyone gotten exchange sync to work correctly WITH webos 1.2? (my excahnge works just fine w/ 1.1..)

-mark
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I posted this in a couple of the different webos 1.2 threads, but didn't see a response.

In my testing with webos 1.2 I couldn't get my exchange server to work. I tried nearly everything, but it just wouldn't allow my EAS server.. kept getting invalid incoming mail server.

Has anyone gotten exchange sync to work correctly WITH webos 1.2? (my excahnge works just fine w/ 1.1..)

-mark
    Best thing to do is wait for the official release, not count on the beta for your answer.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    diomark, I had the same issue, so after 2 weeks I went back to 1.1. I hope 1.2 actually adds MORE function than what the leaked version had. They added some good things, but really needed more work. Lets hope. Another thing I had problems with is of course Pocket Mirror was not supporting 1.2 yet, so no syncing with it (I am sure that will be fixed with the official release)
    Mine does with the beta, but I had to import my certificates manually first.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    hey guys,

The official 1.2 is *not* working with my exchange server (4smartphone.com)

the accounts are still there, but nothing is sending or recieving.. and the last update time is from before the upgrade.
    -m
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    My exchange account is working fine. And damn quick I might add.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Not sure what the issues are that you are having - but I've had my Pre for just over a month and my EAS has been working since day 1.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loupy View Post
    Not sure what the issues are that you are having - but I've had my Pre for just over a month and my EAS has been working since day 1.
    Mine has worked perfectly UNTIL I applied 1.2. (both the leaked version and the official 1.2 broke my EAS..)

The accounts just don't update anymore since installing 1.2..
    -m
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mine has worked perfectly UNTIL I applied 1.2. (both the leaked version and the official 1.2 broke my EAS..)

-m
    Strange - I updated about an hour ago and have received all my emails via EAS since then.
    mine's working, but no certs/ssl
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Mine is working as well. No issues as all post 1.2 update.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    removing/adding the account is giving me the same error that the leaked 1.2 webos was giving me - specifically, "Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again."

(Yes, the settings are correct )
    -m
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

-m
    It works for me. However, I did notice that after 1.2 installation and reboot, it immediately ask me to setup a pin (I did not set my Pre to lock with pin, I know it is bad, but I have been struggling with using pins with 1.1). I set it up and it works fine.

I think the pin pad works a little faster, although after a few hours, I got the same problem as 1.1, that number entry lags a little. Overall it is still better than 1.1.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    It works for me. However, I did notice that after 1.2 installation and reboot, it immediately ask me to setup a pin (I did not set my Pre to lock with pin, I know it is bad, but I have been struggling with using pins with 1.1). I set it up and it works fine.

I think the pin pad works a little faster, although after a few hours, I got the same problem as 1.1, that number entry lags a little. Overall it is still better than 1.1.
    I'm using a hosted exchange service.. It's *wide* open with no restrictions (but supports everything exchange 2007 does..)

-m
    hey guys,

The official 1.2 is *not* working with my exchange server (4smartphone.com)

the accounts are still there, but nothing is sending or recieving.. and the last update time is from before the upgrade.
    -m
    I am having the same problem with my hosted 4smartphone.com Exchange 2007 account. At first I thought it was working fine after the 1.2 update, but now I see that new calendar items are not being synchronized and the last time my email updated was before the update. I am not using a PIN either (never have). No visible error messages that I can see. Do we need to import a certificate?
    Mine is working... however it was also working on 1.1... be advised: On my settings (accessed via a laptop) I had to enable EAS from a remote device... before I was able to connect (on the EAS server side not the pre).

- For the record I use outlook.com (to login via a computer).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Have the same issues with mail2web.com. Worked great before, now no emails and when removing the account I can not add it back.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    After I upgraded to 1.2, My Exchange suddenly stopped synching... I tried everything. I think it happened after I upgraded to webOS 1.2, but that could be a coincidence.

I tried a partial reset with a profile restore, and my Exchange account ended up with only an "Outbox". It still wouldn't sync. I then tried removing the Exchange account, and when I tried setting it back up, I couldn't get it to set up again.

Now I've gone back to the partial reset and the profile restore (back to only an Exchange outbox), and I'm hoping that today, someone else will come up with a solution...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Is there a way to go back to version 1.1? I'm looking through various forums, and apparently 1.2 broke a lot of folks' EAS...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwuagi View Post
    Is there a way to go back to version 1.1? I'm looking through various forums, and apparently 1.2 broke a lot of folks' EAS...
    Broke mine too! I can still access my Exchange account from the web (owa), but I'll go back to 1.1 as well if possible. It sounds like it may be possible to go back to 1.1, but the problem would be how to keep it from then automatically updating back to 1.2?
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast