Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 201
  1. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    Very odd. My exchange account stopped working when I upgraded to 1.2. I deleted the account. When I tried to add it back I kept getting the Can't validate incoming email server error. What I did was go into my exchange server and create a new profile for my mailbox with the exact same settings as the default profile, and now I can add the account back. Go figure!!!!
    Go into your Exchange Server? LOL -- How do I get my company's admin to do that for all of the Pre users at our company?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  2. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #62  
    Please call Palm Tech support from a phone other than the one you are having issues with:
    877.426.3777

    When they ask you to remove your exchange account you should refuse. If you do so you will not be able to add it back and all of your Exchange data (e.g., contacts, email) will dissapear off the phone. Of course it still exists, but you won't have access to it. If you've done any profile linking I assume that will be gone even when they fix this issue.

    If they say they can't escalate until you do it -- tell them firmly you know for a fact this will not resolve the issue and actually make the situation worse and you demand it be escalated. You can always tell them you tried that and it didn't work if you are ok with a white lie. Wish I had.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  3. #63  
    No issue here syncing two exchange 2007 mailboxes with calendar/contacts. Both accounts can send and receive mail. My work accound is exchange 2007 on server 2003 and my personal exchange account is server 2008 exchange 2007.
  4. #64  
    EAS works for me with WebOS 1.2 except that now I have to enter a four digit pin every time I wake up the Pre. Which is a big pain.
  5. #65  
    Interestingly enough Exchange wouldn't work on my phone prior to 1.2 due to self signed errors, and now it works!

    Although, when I first set it up it would mark an item as read, and then a few minutes later it would come up as unread. I think it just took me scrolling through all the messages and letting it get properly synced.
  6. rposa's Avatar
    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #66  
    Seems to be working perfectly for me!

    2007 Exchange / all patches / NON self signed SSL Cert (it's from godaddy).

    For cripes sake, you can get a GoDaddy signed SSL Cert for like 12.99 a year.

    Get one for like .. 2 years. Then you don't gotta mess with it.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ssl+certificates
  7. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Interestingly enough Exchange wouldn't work on my phone prior to 1.2 due to self signed errors, and now it works!

    Although, when I first set it up it would mark an item as read, and then a few minutes later it would come up as unread. I think it just took me scrolling through all the messages and letting it get properly synced.
    Palm just did a Whack-a-Mole.

    All users whose Exchange email was working just broke and vice-versa. Unfortunetly I get the feeling the mole they just whacked is much smaller than the mole that popped up in terms of the number of impacted users.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  8. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Seems to be working perfectly for me!

    2007 Exchange / all patches / NON self signed SSL Cert (it's from godaddy).

    For cripes sake, you can get a GoDaddy signed SSL Cert for like 12.99 a year.

    Get one for like .. 2 years. Then you don't gotta mess with it.

    Let me google that for you
    Neither myself nor hundreds of thousands of corporate employees have any control over this. Our Exchange accounts are managed by IT admins. We need a solution from Palm that doesn't require a change to mail servers beyond our control.

    It has been working since June 6th, the day Palm Pre launched.

    The WebOS 1.2 update broke it.

    Palm has to come out with a workaround or new patched version of the WebOS to fix it.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  9. gerard187's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #69  
    I'm using Mail2web Exchange Service.. It worked with no problems before, now it doesn't work.
  10. #70  
    Mail2web at least has IMAP settings so you can get your push email. But, this situation is ridiculous. I spoke to Palm at a high level and they are aware and working on it, but I would never buy a phone without Exchange support. They need to resolve this in hours, not weeks.

    My contacts are still gone, and if anyone can think of how to add them to my phone I would be in their debt.
  11. #71  
    my 4smartphone.net also broke after 1.2 downgrade
  12. #72  
    GoDaddy EAS stopped working with 1.2 here as well. ARGH!! I just deleted the account before reading here. Lost my 2000 contacts off the phone now and can't get them back. Exporting to gmail as a temp fix will suck
  13. chicity1's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #73  
    No problem whatsoever synching. Installed last night and except for annoying PIN lock, have had no issues with upgrade.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I never had a problem with my Exchange account since June 6th (launch day) right up until the WebOS 1.2 update last night. Exchange immedietly stopped syncing after the update.

    I will have to try out the certificate suggestion when I get home from work. I tried going to my OWA site as you had heard might work from others but got no prompt to download a certificate. I hit the OWA's 'options' link and clicked 'mobile devices'. It listed my first sync on 6/6/2009 (the day I got my Pre). It listed another 'first sync' on 9/29 (I gave my acct credentials to Palm Tech support so they could replicate issue -- I changed my password after they confirmed they could sync under WebOS 1.1 but not 1.2). It had a different device id for the 2nd 'first sync' which was probably the device they were testing it out on.

    They said they would escalate issue and call me back within 24-48 hours.

    Of course they had me delete the exchange account from my phone first before they would escalate (rats!). So now most of my contact info is no longer on my phone (only facebook, google, linked in and palm profile data is present).
    In the mean time you can always set up your account through Gmail...
    You'll sign into your gmail account and it will get mail from your EAS ... and reply via your EAS account as well.

    - I went through your scenario near launch day... if it means anything they did finally get mine working, and I'm sure with time they will have yours working as well.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  15. #75  
    My EAS is still working.
    I originally had an issue with EAS when I purch the phone (self signed certificate) and I couldn't get EAS to work until the 1.03 WebOS update on June 19. (Actually, a lot of the error msgs I've seen people post remind me of errors I had back then.)

    Here's what might be of interest: (i.e. has anyone tried anything like this to resolve your issue?)
    At that time of the WebOS 1.03 release back 19 June, I could only get EAS to work if I was NOT going through SSL in the "Incoming Mail Server" settings for my EAS account. To do this, I had to change my incoming mail server from "https" to "http" (no s). While not as secure, I could connect without the self-signed certificate (an issue resolved by a later WebOS update---but I didn't bother to update my incoming mail server settings, and I think that's why 1.2 didn't break my EAS).

    Changing the incoming mail server setting might work for some but not everyone. AND, more importantly, I should add that if it doesn't work I can't tell you whether you'll "lose" your EAS contacts and calendar for the time being. (If you've already lost them, you probably got little left to lose by tryin'.)
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedkdg View Post
    My EAS is still working.
    I originally had an issue with EAS when I purch the phone (self signed certificate) and I couldn't get EAS to work until the 1.03 WebOS update on June 19. (Actually, a lot of the error msgs I've seen people post remind me of errors I had back then.)

    Here's what might be of interest: (i.e. has anyone tried anything like this to resolve your issue?)
    At that time of the WebOS 1.03 release back 19 June, I could only get EAS to work if I was NOT going through SSL in the "Incoming Mail Server" settings for my EAS account. To do this, I had to change my incoming mail server from "https" to "http" (no s). While not as secure, I could connect without the self-signed certificate (an issue resolved by a later WebOS update---but I didn't bother to update my incoming mail server settings, and I think that's why 1.2 didn't break my EAS).

    Changing the incoming mail server setting might work for some but not everyone. AND, more importantly, I should add that if it doesn't work I can't tell you whether you'll "lose" your EAS contacts and calendar for the time being. (If you've already lost them, you probably got little left to lose by tryin'.)
    Nice idea, but I already tried it. Didn't work for me. My service only does it via secure http (https://). When I tried it with just "http://" it could not find the server.

    Maybe someone on another service might have luck with that. (I'm on 1and1.com).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  17. #77  
    When I try to modify the account login settings (to change from https to http), all of the settings are grayed out except the password. Should I be able to edit those? If so, what am I doing wrong?
  18. #78  
    @mikelynch - you're right; I had forgotten that those settings get "locked in" once they work.

    Along the lines of the other posts here, I would not recommend deleting the EAS account. However, you might explore (read: experiment with) adding a "new" EAS account to the Pre--essentially with the same settings, except you use the non-SSL setting by manually changing the incoming mail server to "http" .... (The Pre can support syncing to multiple EAS accounts)
  19. #79  
    changed to imap for my exchange server. it work for the time being!
  20. Lee B's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #80  
    fwiw, Exchange sync was working fine for me before I got upgraded to 1.2 this evening, and, so far, it still seems to be working. I'm also not seeing the pin # issue that some people are reporting.

    It's clear that 1.2 is affecting people differently -- the question is how come?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions