Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    To update my earlier post, I have reenabled password requirments on my Exchange policy and checked the "Allow non-provisionable devices" box and my Exchange connection on my Pre is still working.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    How do you obtain the cert to email to yourself?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    My work EAS is working fine, but my GoDaddy hosted Exchange account is not working on my phone.

I'm not getting any sort of error, just not pushing my e-mail to my device.

Actually, only my Gmail is pushing to my phone. I can't get both of my Exchange accounts to work on my Pre since the update. No error message of any kind.
    EXACT same situation for me - I have a hosted Exchange account with GoDaddy and use GMail at work. GMail is working fine, but after the 1.2 update, my Exchange account is dead. No syncing/receiving of mail, contacts, calendar, or tasks. I also cannot send email - it just sits in the outbox.

No error messages, it just does nothing.

Hope Palm is listening - a lot of people are having this issue!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    +1 broke my exchange (worked well in 1.1)
    Ditto.

I can no longer send or receive using my company's Exchange server. There is no clue as to what exactly is failing. It worked perfectly from day 1 of the Pre's launch on June 6th right up until I upgraded to WebOS 1.2.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by dtatgenho View Post
    EXACT same situation for me - I have a hosted Exchange account with GoDaddy and use GMail at work. GMail is working fine, but after the 1.2 update, my Exchange account is dead. No syncing/receiving of mail, contacts, calendar, or tasks. I also cannot send email - it just sits in the outbox.

No error messages, it just does nothing.

Hope Palm is listening - a lot of people are having this issue!
    I just finished a chat session with Palm and provided the URL to this thread. The rep said he would escalate it. So Palm is aware.

You don't get any error messages unless you've removed the account from the Pre and then try to add it back. That's when it complains that it can't validate the incoming mail server settings.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    bringing some attention to this issue

http://www.precentral.net/webos-12-and-exchange-issues
    Thanks, Dieter.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    My work Exchange mail works fine, not impacted (other than adding the 4 digit unlock pin after the 1.2 upgrade).
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I had an issue when I updated to 1.2, I would get notifications, but when going to the mail app, it wouldn't show anything in my account. I read some posts about 1.2 and EAS that pretty much said that was the culprit.

Then I had other issues with the phone (I think it was from QuickInstaller) and I ended up doing the WebOSDoctor, back to 1.1. After I was clear on 1.1, I upgraded to 1.2 and EAS worked normally. I haven't tried to delete the account yet. Now I'm afraid.
    My work Exchange mail works fine. No issues!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Well, I still have the certificate problem, an ignore certificate button would have been nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    How do you obtain the cert to email to yourself?

From your computer:
    - Use Mozilla Firefox and
    - Go to the website you normally login to.. (example: outlook.com)
    - At the bottom right corner of the window you will see a gold lock
    - Click that lock (which will give you the page info window)
    - Open the security tab
    - Click View Certificate
    - Click Details tab
    - Export

There are tons of posts on this starting from launch day... please read up on the topic, as my EAS required 3 certificates...

Also I heard (but haven't verified) that if you to to your OWA site from your pre; that you'll be prompted to download the certificates (much more efficient way). I'd give that a shot first... with no success I'd e-mail them to my self or put them on via USB.

Good luck.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Very odd. My exchange account stopped working when I upgraded to 1.2. I deleted the account. When I tried to add it back I kept getting the Can't validate incoming email server error. What I did was go into my exchange server and create a new profile for my mailbox with the exact same settings as the default profile, and now I can add the account back. Go figure!!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My work Exchange account works fine. Even my hosted (well.. if you consider I run the box from a datacenter hosted) IMAP (with Enhanced/Push IDLE) works fine. I doubt we have any policies forced, or at least not yet...
    Worked fine under WebOS 1.1.

Moved to 1.2 and Exchange sync no longer works. Tried deleting account on the Pre and re-adding, and I'm bumping into same validation issues as others. Oddly enough, I deleted the device through OWA and re-added again. I can see that the device has been added to my exchange account, but still cannot access my account. Fun!

I'll try to add my certificates manually later tonight.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am on a hosted Exchange system and I am NOT having any EAS issues. You might want to have your host give you your whole SAM ID (ID should look like user#domain.com) to see if you are having any login issues. Unfortunately the Pre doesnt give good information when it fails. But my account settings have no changed and I am using this format. Hopefully this will help!
    Has anyone with the EAS glitch noticed terrible battery life today? Under webOS 1.1, I could easily go all day. But this morning I went from 100% to 20% in only 5 hours. It makes me wonder if there is a correlation. Perhaps my Pre is continually trying (and failing) to connect with the Exchange server. If that is true, I may have to remove my EAS account just to be able to get through a whole day using it with my other accounts...
    I have installed the certificate from 4smartphone, restarted it, and still have no EAS connection. I will report back if it eventually comes around though.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    From your computer:
    - Use Mozilla Firefox and
    - Go to the website you normally login to.. (example: outlook.com)
    - At the bottom right corner of the window you will see a gold lock
    - Click that lock (which will give you the page info window)
    - Open the security tab
    - Click View Certificate
    - Click Details tab
    - Export

There are tons of posts on this starting from launch day... please read up on the topic, as my EAS required 3 certificates...

Also I heard (but haven't verified) that if you to to your OWA site from your pre; that you'll be prompted to download the certificates (much more efficient way). I'd give that a shot first... with no success I'd e-mail them to my self or put them on via USB.

Good luck.
    I never had a problem with my Exchange account since June 6th (launch day) right up until the WebOS 1.2 update last night. Exchange immedietly stopped syncing after the update.

I will have to try out the certificate suggestion when I get home from work. I tried going to my OWA site as you had heard might work from others but got no prompt to download a certificate. I hit the OWA's 'options' link and clicked 'mobile devices'. It listed my first sync on 6/6/2009 (the day I got my Pre). It listed another 'first sync' on 9/29 (I gave my acct credentials to Palm Tech support so they could replicate issue -- I changed my password after they confirmed they could sync under WebOS 1.1 but not 1.2). It had a different device id for the 2nd 'first sync' which was probably the device they were testing it out on.

They said they would escalate issue and call me back within 24-48 hours.

Of course they had me delete the exchange account from my phone first before they would escalate (rats!). So now most of my contact info is no longer on my phone (only facebook, google, linked in and palm profile data is present).
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    Very odd. My exchange account stopped working when I upgraded to 1.2. I deleted the account. When I tried to add it back I kept getting the Can't validate incoming email server error. What I did was go into my exchange server and create a new profile for my mailbox with the exact same settings as the default profile, and now I can add the account back. Go figure!!!!
    You went into your Exchange server and did exactly what? From your phrasing it sounds like you administer your own server. That's not an option for us that use hosted solutions. Is that your case or did you do something else? What profile are you referring to?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast