Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    +1 broke my exchange (worked well in 1.1)
    Mine wasn't working before the 1.2 update. It works now..WOOHOO!!!
    I'm going to manually install the ssl cert.. Anyone know how to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Mine does with the beta, but I had to import my certificates manually first.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I'm going to manually install the ssl cert.. Anyone know how to do this?
    e-mail the cert to yourself and open on the phone. You will get an option to install it.
    To install a certificate, use USB mode to move it to your Pre from your computer, then use the Certificate Manager in Device Info -> More Info to import it from the main USB directory. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    My work EAS is working fine, but my GoDaddy hosted Exchange account is not working on my phone.

I'm not getting any sort of error, just not pushing my e-mail to my device.

Actually, only my Gmail is pushing to my phone. I can't get both of my Exchange accounts to work on my Pre since the update. No error message of any kind.
    Last edited by boogaloo1; 09/29/2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Updated status
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Mine is from my work Exchange server. Addings the cert didn't work for me -- still no EAS with 1.2. Thankfully I had an older version of WebOS Doctor to restore 1.1. After going back to 1.1 there are NO problems with the EAS.

Is my Pre now going to automatically update to 1.2 again soon? I'm hoping I can keep it from doing that until this issue is fixed!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Same here - stopped syncing after the update last night to my hosted (1and1) exchange account. Work exchange account works just fine.

I removed the account and tried to readd, I get an error: Unable to valide incoming mail server settings, Check the settings and try again.

***? I'm really hoping they come out with an update right away...
    Same problem here. EAS worked great with 1.1, but stopped working after 1.2. I've gone back to 1.1 and things are working again.
    Adding a PIN or password has not fixed my 4smartphone EAS synching. It is interesting that it sounds like many of the problems are not with people's work EAS, but with hosted solutions. What is different about them? Just security settings?
    Had the account lockout issue this morning as well. When it rebooted and I put in my profile credentials, it will not allow me past the Device Password Required security policy screen.

I put in the 4 digit password that I have been using since I first setup my work exchange account, but it will not allow me to set the password on the phone. I am essentially locked out of my phone. Called Sprint, they said they will call me when it is fixed....how can they call me when I am locked out of my phone?

Anyone with ideas on getting back into this thing?
    For those of you w/ EAS's that are not working correctly contact Palm's support, else they may never fix it. Chat and Forum support
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My exchange connection broke with 1.2. I ended up having to remove the account. I got a verification error trying to recreate the account until I created a new ActiveSync policy on the Exchange server that didn't require a password and also had the "Allow non-provisionable devices" unchecked. After creating this policy and applying it to my mailbox, I was able to add the exchange account on my Pre and get it to sync. I will enable the password requirements later and see if it breaks my connection.
    dam, I hope this gets fixed ASAP

...yes, I use a hosted exchange as well (could it be a hosted problem?)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiSin View Post
    Same here - stopped syncing after the update last night to my hosted (1and1) exchange account. Work exchange account works just fine.

I removed the account and tried to readd, I get an error: Unable to valide incoming mail server settings, Check the settings and try again.

***? I'm really hoping they come out with an update right away...
    Same thing happened to me (1and1 hosted Exchange). It was working fine with 1.1. After the update to 1.2 I noticed that nothing was syncing. So I removed the account and figured I'd add it back to see if that fixed it. Only now it refuses to validate the incoming mail server. I'm stuck now and have no way of adding it back. My account settings are correct and verified. The account itself is fine (works from desktop without issue).

Error: "Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again."

I have confirmed that the Pre is actually reaching the server because if I change the server name, I get a different error: "Unable to connect to incoming mail server."

My IMAP accounts work fine (Gmail and Fastmail).

Anybody else having this problem? If so, which provider are you using? Maybe if we compare notes, we'll find a common cause and solution.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 09/29/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Yup, mine is hosted exchange as well (AppRiver) and was working fine with 1.1, but stopped syncing with 1.2.
    Just to add, I am having the same problem with mail2web. I have chatted with their support people and they are aware of the issue. Palm is having someone at a higher level contact me as well. I will update if/when I learn more.

Please go to Palm.com and let them know via chat or phone you have having issues so they see this is widespread.

Thanks!
    Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by ditpixs View Post
    Just to add, I am having the same problem with mail2web. I have chatted with their support people and they are aware of the issue. Palm is having someone at a higher level contact me as well. I will update if/when I learn more.

Please go to Palm.com and let them know via chat or phone you have having issues so they see this is widespread.

Thanks!
    Aaron
    Are you locked out of your phone too? Or, am I the only one locked out at the password (4 digit) screen...and cannot proceed?
    Nope. not locked out. I suspect that is because my provider doesn't use any EAS policies. I think there are two issues here.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast