Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Ok!! Based on this thread and others I was so apprehensive to perform the upgrade but I said what the heck once I saw there was a way to revert back to 1.1 because I desperately need my EAS sync. Well I'm happy to report that my sync is working but now just pulling up any email account is painfully slow (it just took 44 sec.) to bring up my email account. I'm not talking about going out and grab new emails where on version 1.1 it was near instantaneous.

What gives?? Is this issue listed any where??
    Haven't seen that. But then I had to go back to 1.1 anyway due to the main issue in this thread. I can neither confirm nor deny what you are experiencing.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    It didn't break any of our users's iPhones. We have 3000+ employees (not sure how many have iPhones but they seem to outnumber Pres 30:1). Our Exchange admin who made the change has an iPhone himself and he said it still worked fine.

Which change did your Admin make? The one where a password is required or the one where it is not required? Ours made the latter and it had no impact (since our existing policy is no password required). Our admin said he remembers there being issues with iPhones in the past with the password requirement setting, said Apple fixed it, but that it broke some other Exchange functionality. Sound familiar?
    hey thanks for this

can you ping your Admin again to get a confirmation once more? If so I will direct my Admin host to your thread.

Appreciate it
    I'm seem to okay now. Maybe it took a minute for the emails accounts to reload on the servers?? I don't know, but it now is working as before. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Ok!! Based on this thread and others I was so apprehensive to perform the upgrade but I said what the heck once I saw there was a way to revert back to 1.1 because I desperately need my EAS sync. Well I'm happy to report that my sync is working but now just pulling up any email account is painfully slow (it just took 44 sec.) to bring up my email account. I'm not talking about going out and grab new emails where on version 1.1 it was near instantaneous.

What gives?? Is this issue listed any where??
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    It didn't break any of our users's iPhones. We have 3000+ employees (not sure how many have iPhones but they seem to outnumber Pres 30:1). Our Exchange admin who made the change has an iPhone himself and he said it still worked fine.

Which change did your Admin make? The one where a password is required or the one where it is not required? Ours made the latter and it had no impact (since our existing policy is no password required). Our admin said he remembers there being issues with iPhones in the past with the password requirement setting, said Apple fixed it, but that it broke some other Exchange functionality. Sound familiar?

Some of our users have password policies and when that change was made it gave them a max timeout of five minutes. After that, they'd have to enter their PW to use the phone. Before the change there was an option for "never" which goes away after putting a check in the "Time without user input..." box.

Right now it seems only Palm Pre's are having difficulty. All other devices that support EAS work just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    drmorley is my exchange host.

Thanks for stopping by!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Okay, I think the easiest way to fix this situation is to just create a new EAS policy on the server. I just created one and called it Palm Pre. I can apply it to the user(s) that have them and not affect the WinMo, iPhone and Nokia users who currently have no issues.

I just made the change for Trim so we'll see if he reports back here that everything is working. If this works then it's a simple fix that IT admins can do until Palm fixes it permanently on their end.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Success! The new EAS Policy did the trick. I'll post a walkthrough of what I did for other people here shortly.
    most large companies won't budge when it comes to policies/etc.

You'd be lucky to get ANY information about exchange, let alone talk to someone who can make those changes.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by drmorley View Post
    Okay, I think the easiest way to fix this situation is to just create a new EAS policy on the server. I just created one and called it Palm Pre. I can apply it to the user(s) that have them and not affect the WinMo, iPhone and Nokia users who currently have no issues.

I just made the change for Trim so we'll see if he reports back here that everything is working. If this works then it's a simple fix that IT admins can do until Palm fixes it permanently on their end.
    Yup working A-OK!

drmorley is the best host...responds to inquiries within minutes (no longer than 2 hour tops)

If you guys need a host, he is your Guy - I vouch for it!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    hey thanks for this

can you ping your Admin again to get a confirmation once more? If so I will direct my Admin host to your thread.

Appreciate it
    I spoke with my Admin over the phone. He said he did not experience any issues himself after the change (the change has been in effect for ~4 hrs now) nor did he receive any new trouble tickets from any iPhone users.

A lot of our C-Level executives use the iPhone, so you can be sure if they had any issues we would have heard about it by now.

We are on Exchange Server 2007.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Most large companies don't let you pick your phone/PDA...it's assigned to you along with whatever their security policies are. If the Pre was a standard issue they'd likely not allow users to upgrade to WebOS 1.2 until it had been out for an inordinate amount of time in order to prevent issues like this.

In small/medium size companies though, I've found the IT departs to be really cool about working with EU on fixing issues that crop up.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    WebOS 1.2.1 is out! Client-side fix to Exchange sync bug included! :-)

I already had my company's Exchange 2007 admin make the changes Palm published to fix the issue using the no password required solution option. Has anyone done the same -and- upgraded to 1.2.1 that can confirm it still works?
    Last edited by rlopin; 10/03/2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added title
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Is anyone with 1and1.com working now since upgrading to 1.2.1?

Since 1and1 refused to change their servers, I'd like to hear from someone that has installed 1.2.1 and has it working (without the server-side workaround in place).

(I'm once bitten, twice shy!)
    My EAS sync is working again with 1.2.1 after breaking with 1.2. No changes were made server side.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantone View Post
    My EAS sync is working again with 1.2.1 after breaking with 1.2. No changes were made server side.
    Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. Now I'll let 1.2 install and then grab 1.2.1.

Wish me luck!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Is anyone who went ahead and had the server side changes made to fix EAS still working after updating to 1.2.1?

Like Insp_Gadget, I too am gun shy about pulling the 1.2.1 trigger

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
    Okay, I'm now on 1.2.1. Exchange is working. 1and1 pushes a PIN policy. Fortunately, it's a simple PIN policy and not a complex password requirement. I can live with that.

@rlopin, I don't know if the server-side workaround will be a problem, but I have to imagine that since Palm is aware that they told people to do it, they would have said something if it needed to be undone for this update.

Since this patch does seem to fix the original problem, it will probably work for you, but I can understand you wanting confirmation.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    @rlopin, I don't know if the server-side workaround will be a problem, but I have to imagine that since Palm is aware that they told people to do it, they would have said something if it needed to be undone for this update.

Since this patch does seem to fix the original problem, it will probably work for you, but I can understand you wanting confirmation.
    I followed that same logic in my head, but at this point I have lost a lot of faith in Palm's QA process. If they didn't think to have test accounts in place going against Exchange Servers at some of the most popular hosts with the most common configurations before, I don't feel comfortable they covered this particular use case.

Glad to hear your EAS is back in action!
    I applied the new update and my exchange account (corporate) will still not synch.

I deleted the account and then re added it making sure all the fields were correct. When I hit the sign-in key everything seemed to work fine (no error messages received). However my phone did not start synching. I went to the mail application and see the exchange account but it only has an outbox.

I reset the phone but to no avail.

Is it possible my company has set a server side setting that is causing me not to be able to synch?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmc60193 View Post
    I applied the new update and my exchange account (corporate) will still not synch.

I deleted the account and then re added it making sure all the fields were correct. When I hit the sign-in key everything seemed to work fine (no error messages received). However my phone did not start synching. I went to the mail application and see the exchange account but it only has an outbox.

I reset the phone but to no avail.

Is it possible my company has set a server side setting that is causing me not to be able to synch?
    I advise you go on over to the official Palm support forum to report this issue -and- call them up to file a trouble ticket.

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like you are one step ahead. :-)
    Last edited by rlopin; 10/03/2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: new info
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast