1.    #1  
    The Missing Sync for Palm Pre, for Windows XP and Windows Vista

Is anyone using this? I haven't seen any threads on this topic. Seems like an interesting solution that bundles desktop outlook synchronization in addition to iTunes sync compatibility independent of the shennanigans between Palm and Apple. The app is still in beta but seem like a possible all around solution. Any thoughts?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    The Missing Sync for Palm Pre, for Windows XP and Windows Vista

Is anyone using this? I haven't seen any threads on this topic. Seems like an interesting solution that bundles desktop outlook synchronization in addition to iTunes sync compatibility independent of the shennanigans between Palm and Apple. The app is still in beta but seem like a possible all around solution. Any thoughts?
    I've tried two different builds and neither worked (The way I would expect) for me.

I had been using Pocket Mirror and it was very straight forward.

- My Pre would connect to my laptop via the office Wifi and then it would sync to my corp Outlook. Note: my laptop was also connected to the office "wired network"

I assumed the The Missing sync would work the same, unfortunately it did not .

- For it to work I had to disconnect from the office "wired network" and put Outlook into offline mode before it would sync.

I would like it to work like Pocket Mirror and sync while I'm connected to the office LAN so that I don't have to put outlook in offline mode (we cannot connect to the exchange server via the wireless connection)
    I have tested this scenario with the latest version of The Missing Sync for Palm Pre for Windows (v1.0.1) and successfully synced my Exchange contact folders and copied my Exchange calendar folders to the Pre. I tried both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007.

I did NOT have to go into the offline mode.

I also tested with the "Make This Folder Available Offline" option on and off, and in both cases still was able to sync Exchange data.

I've contacted lawdawgmon to see if we can figure out why he was unable to sync. If anyone else runs into this problem with the latest version, please visit support.markspace.com to create a support incident.
    I am a previous user of Missing Sync for the Palm. I have had Missing Sync for the Pre (Mac Platform) since its Beta release and presently have the latest paid version. Despite countless hours of correspondence with and carefully following the instructions of Mark Space technical support, I have never been able to fully synchronize either iCal or Address Book. Sometime the synchronization/overwrite fails at startup. Sometime it makes substantial progress. In all instances it eventually fails. Mark Space has been provided with verbose logs of these attempts.

The simple fact is Mark Space technical support ("support" is a misnomer) does not know what the problem is or how to fix it. Moreover, from reading these forums, it is clear that I am far from alone in suffering these issues. Given this, one has to ask why Palm is permitting this program to be sold through the App Store?
    if this software is not working correctly is there a way to get your $40 back??
    I've been waiting for 4 days to get my money back, as the Missing Sync does NOT "Sync Contacts" and the mentioned that it does is misleading.

What it does instead is created another "Pim Group" (i think that's what its called), so instead of syncing Outlook to the default "Palm Profile" account, it creates another group to sync to. Meaning all your contacts would have to be entered again, if they aren't already in Outlook.

I had bought the product to sync Gmail -> Pre -> Outlook, since it advertises that it can "Keep contacts in sync between your PC and Palm Pre. Add or edit contacts and the changes sync automatically." But it does me no good, as it won't backup my contacts.

I requested my money back, as I believe its false advertising and haven't heard a word in 4 days.

So after 10 days of waiting on support tickets.. inquiring about getting a refund since the software doesn't function as advertised. I get this response:

We do appreciate your time and business with our software. Check out this article
    that helps explain the profiles and syncing of the calendar/contact data with the palm pre:

https://support.markspace.com/index....=432&nav=0,113

Totally ignoring the fact that the software doesn't work as advertised, mentioning nothing about me wanted a refund, basically just blowing me off.

Bottom line.. don't recommend doing any sort of business with Mark/Space at all.