Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having problems with Gmail not updating your inbox today? I haven't received any new emails since 9:38 this morning. I even tried removing the account and re-adding it, but it does not work. I can text, i can send new emails from the account, but it is not downloading any new emails. Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem>
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Try rebooting the phone or moving it to a place where it can get better reception.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    Try rebooting the phone or moving it to a place where it can get better reception.
    i tried that, i am on wifi now as well. Also my wifes phone is doing this as well. I am beginning to wonder if there are any problems with googles server. Everything else works fine.
  4. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I've received a number of gmail's since this morning and as recently as the past 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    I've received a number of gmail's since this morning and as recently as the past 30 minutes.
    +1
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ok so I tried a couple of things, and I changed my gmail to only sync 1 day, down from 30 days and it seems to have done the trick. Everything is still working as of now.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Gmail is having serious issues today (maybe yesterday too?). I assume that would trickle down to our pre contact syncing.
    No problems on my end in the last few days at all, and that includes adding new contacts and getting regular e-mails.........in fact, stop with the e-mails already!! LOL....
    Apps dashboard says service is back up, and I am not having any problem with IMAP through outlook, but one of my two gmail accounts on my Pre is failing to update anything past about 7:400AM this morning central time, including new messages as of now. My other account with identical settings is fine. I did a reinstall of the problem account, and it updated everything to 7:40AM and nadda more. It has an exclamation point in a yellow triangle in the top right hand corner. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaarmadillo View Post
    Apps dashboard says service is back up, and I am not having any problem with IMAP through outlook, but one of my two gmail accounts on my Pre is failing to update anything past about 7:400AM this morning central time, including new messages as of now. My other account with identical settings is fine. I did a reinstall of the problem account, and it updated everything to 7:40AM and nadda more. It has an exclamation point in a yellow triangle in the top right hand corner. Any ideas? Thanks!
    thats exactly what mine was doing yesterday, It was updating until 9:38 and it was not working. Once I deleted the account, re-added it and set sync back to 1 day it worked fine.

On a side not, my wife's pre was having the same problem (it was ongoing until around 20 minutes ago) then I did the same steps (deleted account, re-add it, set sync to 1 day) and it fired right up.
    Samsung Blackjack (junk)-> Apple Iphone (2G) (ok)-> Blackberry Storm (POS!) -> Palm Pre (Awesome)

Order Of Preference
    Palm Pre - Best Of The Bunch By Far
    Apple Iphone - OK, but not that great
    Blackjack - Awful phone, I hate WM
    Storm - Worst phone of all time
    I've been having the same problem. I tried the advice in here, to delete, re-add, and set sync to one day. It appeared to have worked and showed 7 unread messages. It loaded one. The rest just had the yellow triangle message I tried it again, and couldn't even get one message to load that time. I deleted it again, and now have no accounts set up. Any ideas? My spoiled self got so used to reading email on the phone that I'm feeling a little bit lost lately without it. Sigh.