Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So with the new Facebook app landing on the Palm Pre soon, I couldn't help but to think about whether or not it's going to be free or as a paid app. The reason being is that the Facebook app for the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android are all free. It's only the 3rd party/independent Facebook apps that people have to pay far. Also, I believe the Blackberry Facebook app is an "in-house" developed app.

So with that said, I am hoping that this precedence of having the official Facebook app for any mobile device will be free - since so many people have Facebook to begin with.

I'm not a Facebook nut. But thinking of this on a strategic level, if Palm were to charge for this app (and I heard it's not all that great compared to the iPhone version), you know the media will jump all over that and the iPhone fans are going to drool over that news.

Just my 2 cents...
    Your 2 cents have been refunded. Now run along.
    I don't understand why zeravla531's comment was necessary.

To the OP, I don't mind the facebook app being for pay. I'd drop a couple of bucks on it if were decent.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post

To the OP, I don't mind the facebook app being for pay. I'd drop a couple of bucks on it if were decent.
    i agree with you but what you can't blame him he's from jersey
    and face book app should be free, every other mobile device has it free
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Facebook is a big enough product that free or not then people will pay. So it all depends on how greedy the developers are.

On the iPhone then most free apps come with advertising so, personally, I don't mind buying apps as long as my $1-3 investment is ad free.
    it is free.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    if you can go to m.facebook.com or www. facebook. com for free, why would you need to pay for a facebook app>?
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Palm would be an ***** to have the in-house Facebook app be a paid app.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    if you can go to m.facebook.com or www. facebook. com for free, why would you need to pay for a facebook app>?
    True.

However, I wouldnt mind paying for something like the Facebook "app" (x.facebook.com?) - if it actually worked. Its WAY too buggy for me to pay for. So I'll use one of the other two options for now.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Your 2 cents have been refunded. Now run along.
    Where in Jersey are you? I'm in Philly. If you'd like, we can get together and talk about the Pre after I beat the h*ll out of you. You're a d-bag. Get a life and stop trolling the forums threads just to be an *****.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Call me cheap, but I do mind paying for an app that is free on EVERY other mobile platform...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Facebook is a big enough product that free or not then people will pay. So it all depends on how greedy the developers are.

On the iPhone then most free apps come with advertising so, personally, I don't mind buying apps as long as my $1-3 investment is ad free.
    Ditto here. If there are ads, then yes, I'd pay to not have ads on there. But again, no mobile phone Facebook apps have ads built into them.
    in the next update... it is said that the browser would be significantly changed where it optimizes web pages like facebook. Therefore you believe you'd sign in using Welcome to Facebook | Facebook therefore it would be free...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Where in Jersey are you? I'm in Philly. If you'd like, we can get together and talk about the Pre after I beat the h*ll out of you. You're a d-bag. Get a life and stop trolling the forums threads just to be an *****.
    Wow, a grown up bad ***.

It may have been a little harsh, but it's the intenet, and if you start at the top, you might see why he said what he said. Neccessary? Not really, but had a place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Call me cheap, but I do mind paying for an app that is free on EVERY other mobile platform...
    2nd
    this thread is absurd, there has never been a paid facebook app and there never will be
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    this thread is absurd, there has never been a paid facebook app and there never will be
    Be careful, he'll beat the hell out of you.

On topic, sort of, I'd liek to see a good fully functional FB app. I don't like FB Mobile so I just use the web version but it has it's quirks and of course, flipping back and forth to read and type is kind of a pain because it's not laid out for a screen like the Pre.
    That was my point and thank you VickMackey for also noticing the absurdity of this thread. Why oh why would Palm have an officially licensed Facebook app that people have to pay for?

This thread is a waste.
    I suspect that you're right that the "official" facebook app will be free. But I'm highly skeptical that you know that with certainty.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post

Philly, figures. I'm an hour away and we can meet in Camden if you'd like. The waterfront.

VickMackey saw the absurdity in this thread and the idea behind it. It makes NO sense. No officially licensed Facebook app has ever been anything but free, why would you ever think Palm would put one out people had to pay for?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast