Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    [QUOTE=chiliu78;1914932]
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post

Actually, I'll be at the ISC center at Cherry Hill from 8:45PM till about 10PM tonight. Since you have that baseball avatar, I assume you're a huge baseball fan. I'll be at the batting cages coaching.

And yes, cause I am swimming in money, I find that I need to spend that extra time coaching kids just to cushion some of that guilt.

And maybe if you spend a little more time explaining why you insisted commenting in a d-bag way on your first response, maybe this entire forum would be a tad bit happier place.

Are you usually VERY comfortable insulting people from behind a computer screen?
    I'm pretty sure i offered you a refund, plain old sarcasm (on an internet message board? NO WAY!). You started in with the whole "sales monkeys" etc, i'll beat you up, i'm rich, etc etc.

I'm stopping at the Cherry Hill mall, but i will definitely be there.
    Last edited by zeravla531; 09/23/2009 at 04:58 PM.
    [QUOTE=chiliu78;1914879]
    Philly, figures. I'm an hour away and we can meet in Camden if you'd like. The waterfront./QUOTE]

I see that you're in "sales". I'm a marketing manager. We're the ones that tell the company how a brand or products should be placed and then we tell you monkeys (aka "sales people") to follow our strategy because unlike the marketing people, sales people's minds are very linear.

BTW - I wouldn't touch Camden with a 10 ft pole. And I don't know what part of Philly you're thinking, but I can see Camden from my loft and if I turn to my right, I can see the Philly skyline. If you go to Camden tonight to meet me, I will probably not be there. But make sure to wave. Use the homebrew flashlight app to signal me. I may or may not signal back.
    what a failed post/argument, you feel better now that you've touted your riches, posh neighborhood and superior social standing to random names on a message board?
    keep on topic. please. and yes this thread is absurd. all opinions are valid. even yours.

Mackey Out!!!
    And how you guys know each other? Probably the only two guys there with Pres. lol.

Hope you guys just go there to talk Pre's or world politics or something at the food court over strawberry smoothies.

Remember, It's just phone.

You know you guys are gonna get slapped by the mods if not banned for a month for some of the stuff said. Trust me, been there

[QUOTE=zeravla531;1914954]
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post

I'm pretty sure i offered you a refund, plain old sarcasm. You started in with the whole "sales monkeys" etc.

I'm stopping at the Cherry Hill mall, but i will definitely be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    And how you guys know each other? Probably the only two guys there with Pres. lol.
    That actually made me crack up
    There's no topic police. I said there's no way on earth Palm is releasing paid Facebook app when it's free everywhere else.
    You also said
    This thread is a waste.
    Perhaps I misinterpreted what you meant, but it seemed like you didn't think there was any value in discussing this.
    You said you can see Facebook eventually charging (which means across the board).

These are two different things.
    Sure. But you don't think they'd roll it out on a relatively unpopular platform first to see if it had any traction?

Bottom line: I don't see how this is an impossibility. And being a possibility (albeit low) it merits discussion.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    so its stamped a Palm facebook app is coming with 1.2.1 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    You also saidPerhaps I misinterpreted what you meant, but it seemed like you didn't think there was any value in discussing this.
    Sure. But you don't think they'd roll it out on a relatively unpopular platform first to see if it had any traction?
    I honestly cannot see that happening from Palm's stance. WebOS is their savior and they cannot be the only kid on the block with the Facebook app you have to pay for. That's just my opinion, especially since it comes preinstalled on the Pixie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so its stamped a Palm facebook app is coming with 1.2.1 ?
    It's coming out when the Pixie arrives, so i do not believe it would debut with 1.2.1, but we can always hope.
  9.    #49  
    Well, for now, I'm using the Android Facebook App on the MyTouch. Thinking about dumping that for the HTC Hero but the original purpose of me getting two phones was to have better coverage. My Pre sucks in my building but the T-Mobile tends to work really well.

And before you crack a joke about owning two phones - yes, I do and not cause I'm super rich. I bartend on weekends so I do know what it's like to be a pagan and work off tips. With that money, I can buy extra stuff, like an additional monthly phone bill or a new scarf every week. Note: Sarcasm is somewhere in here. Find it.

Anyway, the purpose of this is that I hope Palm is constantly benchmarking the webOS Facebook app to the other mobile phone FB apps. It's imperative they do this so they can get the "standard" features out of the gate or the reviewers are just gonna eat that up into bits.
  10.    #50  
    [QUOTE=VickMackey;1914965]

what a failed post/argument, you feel better now that you've touted your riches, posh neighborhood and superior social standing to random names on a message board?
    keep on topic. please. and yes this thread is absurd. all opinions are valid. even yours.

Mackey Out!!!
    That was oozing with sarcasm. Obviously you didn't get it. But I guess anyone that has a dark picture with a badaxx holding a gun wouldn't have much of a sense of humor. Geez.

Anyway, the purpose of this is that I hope Palm is constantly benchmarking the webOS Facebook app to the other mobile phone FB apps. It's imperative they do this so they can get the "standard" features out of the gate or the reviewers are just gonna eat that up into bits.
    We finally agree on something!
    None of the facebook apps are that great anyway....

Lite.facebook.com = awesome
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    How is this flame war not closed already...
  14.    #54  
    I dunno. But I read over everything this morning and here's what I learned:

1. Never feed fire with fire - people start to group together and it just gets even more stupid.
    2. Don't start a post. I can take criticism but in a professional manner. I really do not need to feel like I'm back in high school and have one group of kids talk about another while sitting at another table during lunch. Seriously, it's dumb.

And for the ones that still think this post was a "waste of time": I highly doubt that Palm or Facebook at one point didn't ask "how should we release this to the public? Free or paid? Bundled with next upgrade?" etc etc. It's cause I'm not an employee of Palm or Facebook that I thought I would bring out a thread with somewhat of substance about a common product that we all own: The Palm Pre.

I'm sorry if I irked any of you by asking a question or showcasing my opinion of thoughts. My God. Never again am I starting a post. Time and time again, I see people getting flamed for asking a simple question and some of you folks are just relentless. I'm not sure what society or your Church Pastor has done to you, but seriously, you folks need some help. Or better yet, go out and get from behind your computer screen and interact with live people for once.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123