1.    #1  
    Is it possible to use Desktop ActiveSync to sync your Pre and Outlook? As in the client here - Download Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 | Synchronizing | Windows Mobile

This is the 4th post I've made this week and never had a reply - do I smell bad?
    No its not possible. Desktop Active Sync only works with WM phones. Besides it is very buggy stuff (Like most MS products) and you would not want to use it anyways.

Your best bet is to transition everything over to Google. You will be really happy you did in the long run.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3.    #3  
    THanks for the info - from what I've seen so far the google/pre format for PIM info is severely lacking for what I need. I can't make a meeting tied to a contact and then embed that contact's location for the meeting location. I can't view tasks by due date/past due/set number of days out. The number of options and fields for tasks and calendar items and contacts are as small as outlook/exchange format is large. Neither is ideal, but I'd rather have more than less.
    There are alternative desktop outlook sync solution for the Pre including the following:

Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura

The Missing Sync for Palm Pre, for Windows XP and Windows Vista

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Your best bet is to transition everything over to Google. You will be really happy you did in the long run.
    I can second that.

I was really reluctant to transition to google for a long time, for many reasons. I finally did it a few days before I got my Pre, so that I'd be ready as soon as I got it, and I couldn't be happier.
    How does one sync to Google?? I know the Pre syncs FROM Google, but can I sync back TO Google all my contacts??
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    How does one sync to Google?? I know the Pre syncs FROM Google, but can I sync back TO Google all my contacts??

Goto contacts > tap top left corner > preferences & accounts > select default account > check your google account

Now all changes made on the Pre will sync to your default account which is now google...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thx! Gonna check it out now.
    awww, it didn't import all my contacts just 10 of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    awww, it didn't import all my contacts just 10 of them!
    manually wirelessly sync from preferences. Also wait a while. It takes some time afaikafaikafaik...

Well I'll just wait until I wake up today, it's 5:36am over here! Thx for the help gfunkmagic
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    That method only seems to work with newly created contacts ... made after you change the referenced settings.

Contacts taht existed in your Pre Profile prior to the setting change will not sync or at least hasn't synced in my casse.