Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    i like turtles =)
    Quote Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
    i don't sync my pre that often but i just downgrade to a working version and sync then upgrade back to the latest version. its maybe a 5 minute process.
    Unless you have an Ipod. Then drag and drop.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    it means other vendors should make their products to not work with CRApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Palm chooses not to? They have plenty of commercials that show off the features. Your entire post was nothing but a tangent, with nothing to do with the thread at hand. You can't convince me that 2.5 hours is too much time wasted on iTunes sync.
    Sorry, i've not seen one. I have seen the ones with the weird chick. Surely you don't mean those?

BTW..do you really believe the 2.5 hours thing? Pump out that minor update then. Palm's mainstream customers are sitting in the dark wondering why their damn Pre won't sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Sorry, i've not seen one. I have seen the ones with the weird chick. Surely you don't mean those?

BTW..do you really believe the 2.5 hours thing? Pump out that minor update then. Palm's mainstream customers are sitting in the dark wondering why their damn Pre won't sync.
    Considering how up front Palm has proven to be to us? Yes.
    itunes is the AOL of music software. That wasn't a compliment btw for those of you STILL using AOL.
    I really doubt it only takes 2.5 hours. I think they are saying that so people won't think that it is their focus. Also did sprint just realize they had to test the software and app store. Come on...curious why it took till the day before release to figure that out. There is something else behind this. Not trying to start a conspiracy theory but really...
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    But mighty Palm thought highly enough of itunes to hack into it and deceive their customers into believing there was compability between itunes and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    How can they, the only reason Palm even makes the news these days is if they have their name attached to Apple!
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    That is totally incorrect. Anyone can access the XML database freely.
    What do you expect, the majority of the ******* here spread lies in Palm's favour.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Then you need to open your eyes, if that is the only press you are seeing. Tech sites, podcasts, video streams, and other outlets that get to the tech crowd see this and understand it. Nothing wrong with targeting the audience who is typically the early adopters.
    And most of these tech sites think Palm needed to do their own thing.

How is this positive free press for Palm? I was all over the Pre in the beginning, but the first time i heard about itunes sync and how Palm achieved it, i was pretty disappointed in Palm.

It's like the person who starts clapping hoping that others join in. Sometimes noone joins in and the person instead looks like an *****.
    Drag and drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by fid View Post
    I've been following this on the sidelines now for quite some time and simply wanted to throw a couple of points in. It was the 'spoofing' of the USB-ID that helped turned me AWAY from the Pre. (Wish I could provide link of what it was like at the time, but post count is too low)

- Palm could have licensed iTune access like RIM does with with their devices or simply used the xml export file. When I first read this, I realized that ONLY Pre owners would be hurt.

- Additionally, I couldn't understand why a company that had a stable, mature desktop sync product of their own (for years) didn't provide it for the Pre. The Palm Desktop synced everything well and could have been easily altered to interface with the iTunes xml file.

'Couldn't understand' was entirely correct. I knew what was going on. This product became more about cutting corners and it was becoming painfully clear.
    fid, you raise a very good point. Palm has turn off many potential customers because of the way they handled this. This is not the best way to attract people (especially current & happy Apple customers) to the WebOS platform.
    Who cares? If I had wanted to use itunes I would have bought an iphone. Drag and drop takes a whole 3 seconds or I can use Media Monkey, my new best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    but fetishes are hot
    Fetishes are only hot when they involve Megan Fox...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Agreed. I *hate* iTunes and only use it because Apple forces me to for my ipod touch...

Given the choice, I don't want iTunes.. That's why I got a Pre and not an iphone.
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Who cares? If I had wanted to use itunes I would have bought an iphone. Drag and drop takes a whole 3 seconds or I can use Media Monkey, my new best friend
    A lot of people do care. We can't pretend that everyone in this thread speaks for every Pre owner.
    I'd go see this movie if iTunes was played by Megan Fox...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    ...or I can use Media Monkey...
    The only thing I hate about media monkey is that it only shows 7 songs per album in the main listing... havent figured out how to get around that
    The real problem here isn't that Pre's may not work with itunes. The problem here is that people use itunes. That's the problem I'd like to see addressed most of all.