Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evandena View Post
    Incorrect.
    IMAP supports IDLE, so it does not have to check at an interval.
    So much for trying to simplify something. Also, the 15 min I stated is the duration of time specified by the email preference on said account. Not including the other intervals allowed to select. So my initial answer still holds true...simplified.
  2. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Read the documentation on the calendar sync, supposedly you can make it sync all calendars.
    Have you got a link for this? I don't remember seeing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    So much for trying to simplify something. Also, the 15 min I stated is the duration of time specified by the email preference on said account. Not including the other intervals allowed to select. So my initial answer still holds true...simplified.
    most people would set the default gmail client to the push setting.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by exi View Post
    Have you got a link for this? I don't remember seeing that.
    This is what I saw on engadget earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by engadget.com
    Neutralljm @ Sep 22nd 2009 12:57PM
    Hoping that Google can fix the calendar sync, only syncs to your primary calendar

NeutralJW @ Sep 22nd 2009 1:07PM
    Google can sync multiple calendars. See this page:

Mail, Calendar, & Contacts Setup : Choose Which Calendars to Sync - Mobile Help

I just set it up on my iPhone and it works fine.

Neutralcole @ Sep 22nd 2009 1:12PM
    are you sure?

go to m.google.com/sync on your phone - you can select up to 25 calendars, other than youremailaddress@gmail.com, you'd like to sync on your phone using Google Sync.

NeutralDurvivor @ Sep 22nd 2009 3:46PM
    Visit m.google.com/sync using your iPhone. You will be directed to a special page, where you will be able to choose which of your Google Calendars to sync. By default, yes, only your default calendar is selected, but you can select other calendars. Including the Google Provided birthday calendar.

However, the recent sports calendars are not supported for sync.

Neutralljm @ Sep 22nd 2009 2:44PM
    guess I should have said for WinMo...can anybody get multiple calendars on their winmo device?

Neutralbilly bob thorton @ Sep 22nd 2009 3:06PM
    Google Calendar sync issue:

Delete and re-add your annually recurring events and you should stop having sync errors.
    I also saw some topics on this before, when I was trying to figure out work-arounds for our lack of EAS support.
    no 'Thanks'
  5. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Interesting -- I'll have to try that. Thanks!
    Is anyone else just getting a "Download of the message body timed out. The system will retry soon." error when viewing the body of every message?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    Is anyone else just getting a "Download of the message body timed out. The system will retry soon." error when viewing the body of every message?
    I am. I think everyone is.
    Think the delay in the new firmware maybe attributed to this not working?
    This is ludicrous. Why would anyone with a Pre want to go from GMail IMAP to EAS?

Google intended the EAS feature to be for devices that do not support Gmail IMAP Idle, IE, NOT THE PRE. The Pre does not need to use this service because it has Google Sync built into to Synergy. It is intended for lesser devices like the iPhone.

EAS is extremely unreliable and I would recommend avoiding it like the plague.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I attribute it to the "ooh shiny" factor. New acronym means you gotta try it at least once.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This is ludicrous. Why would anyone with a Pre want to go from GMail IMAP to EAS?

Google intended the EAS feature to be for devices that do not support Gmail IMAP Idle, IE, NOT THE PRE. The Pre does not need to use this service because it has Google Sync built into to Synergy. It is intended for lesser devices like the iPhone.

Haha, EAS is like the plague.... Take into consideration that most corporate business do not touch e-mail systems unless they have EAS capabilities. The Pre didn't get the full fledged business recognition until WebOS 1.1. Google adding EAS support will give them the exposure that they need.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    most people would set the default gmail client to the push setting.
    It has "As items arrive" as an option but when you first setup the Pre and input your email settings with google, it defaults to 15 min intervals for checking your email. Like I said, I was just simplifying the explanation.
  13. skp
    If anybody cares, I just read that this doesn't support draft emails. The IMAP method does.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Not in my experience. I've used a full blown EAS solution before and it was one of the best email systems I've used. Everything syncs and updates instantaneously on all your devices and computers. IMAP IDLE is definitely better than polling, but I find that my emails aren't marked as read on my Pre after I check them on my computer. When I switched to try out the Google EAS option, my email status synced immediately. It works much better. However, it seems Google doesn't allow me to use an alias with their Google Sync service yet, so I'm back to IMAP for the moment.
    How does the IMAP issues with gmail and trashing items vs archiving work if you switch to EAS? I've gotten the archive going by changing trash folder to all mail, but doing so requires disabling IMAP labs and losing mark for deletion functionality.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well I think the EAS vs IMAP issue is a mute point since EAS isn't able to download the body of the email. Basically rendering the ability to check your email from your phone useless. Also, and this really goes for the email in general, Palm needs to impliment the ability to shut off recieving email between time periods like WM email allows.
    I subscribe to a hosted exchange mainly for outlook support (non OWA), does gmail EAS support outlook support?
  18. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I also saw some topics on this before, when I was trying to figure out work-arounds for our lack of EAS support.
    Is m.google.com/sync as described an iPhone-only thing? Not working for ne.
    Just found this thread as I tried to get EAS working on my pre. I too am getting the message "Download of the message body timed out. The system will retry soon." error.

For those who question why someone would want EAS vs IMAP, I'm on an enterprise google account. Our IT has shut down POP and IMAP, so the availability of EAS is the only way I can get email on the Pre's native app. So, let's find a solution to this problem rather than argue the virtues . . .
    What is a google EAS account? I thought google enterprise was this antithesis of exchange?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast