Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hello, I have searched the forums and have not found much info on this. I have asked a few people with Sprint and I am not sure they understand what I am trying to do. I have been told I can update my contacts via GMail or Outlook. I can not find anything in Outlook and in Gmail, all I have are the contacts I have added since I got my Pre. Can someone guide me on how to accomplish this? Thanks for your help!!!
    I'm not sure if I understand your question, but have you added your Google account to your Pre?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    It sounds to me like you have been adding your contacts to your "Palm Profile" account, rather than to Gmail or Outlook account. If that is so, you will not see your contacts in Gmail, for example.

You need to change your default account from Palm Profile to Gmail under Preferences and Accounts in the top left menu in Contacts on your Pre.

And, unfortunately, if you have done what i suspect you have done, you are going to have to move all of the contacts you have added to-date under Palm Profile over to Gmail, one-by-one, manually, since I am not aware of an automatic way of moving contacts from Palm Profile to Gmail yet. The good news is, once you have moved everything to Gmail and have set your default account to Gmail you will experience the "nirvana" you seek.
    www.google.com/contacts

maybe that is what you are asking? Not sure...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help thus far....Let me clarify myself. I switched from Nextel and when Sprint transferred my contacts, all the last names were first names and vice versa. I LOVE the Pre BUT would prefer to edit and add more information to my contacts.I just would prefer to do it from my computer instead of the Pre. Currently, my default account is my Gmail account, which I used to sign up with my Palm profile when it was activated. I was under the impression that ALL of my contacts on my Pre would automatically be sent to my Gmail contact list. That is my question, can I send/sync my Pre contacts with my Gmail contacts?
    I hope this is clear but I do have a tendancy to ramble on...
    open contacts
    select preferences and accounts
    make sure it is still set with your gmail as primary

If it says palm currently as the Primary, then everything has been getting saved to your palm profile instead of gmail, and thats why you wouldnt see your PRE contacts syncing to your gmail.

If it already says gmail, then everything would of course be syncing with your online/web based gmail account. Anything you do on the website for your gmail, will then sync to the PRE and vice/versa

If everything has been syncing with the palm profile, then go into your web based gmail and start manually adding all the contacts from your pre - once done, erase your contacts from the PRE, then sync with the gmail and it will pull all the contacts from the web based gmail to your pre
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have my contacts moved over via my contacts using chapura pocket mirror now i need to get them from that to something that is backed up is there a way to do it?? with out manually doing it??
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanks but this is still not what I am looking for. For instance, if my Pre crashed and everything was erased, is there somewhere that all of my Pre contacts are stored? Are they stored on the Palm website? Are they stored in Google? Currently and in the past, Google is set as my default account. If that is what pixielee is saying, then ALL of my contacts SHOULD be syncing with my Gmail account, and theoretically I should be able to see them when I open GMail on my PC? Correct? Thanks
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    For confidential syncing of contacts and calendar on Outlook you need an aftermarket program. I'm happy with PocketMirror's wireless solution, but wish it had been bundled with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    you have to pay for pocketmirror correct?? Is there any free alternatives? Would love to get my contacts to a gmail account