Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    First time posting on these forums but have been lurking for the last few months since Pre's release... On with the issue...

I have dealt with Win Mobile , iPhone and Blackberry but this is my first time dealing with Palm Pre and EAS as I am one of many Admins for my company I work for.

I am able to sync to EAS with the Pre with no issues but what I do have is an issue with outside the Inbox folder Sync.

EXAMPLE:

Folder1
    Folder2
    Folder3
    INBOX
    Folder 4
    Folder 5
    Folder 6

and so on......

I am not sure if anyone else is seeing this issue but if the folder structure is outside of the inbox, the Pre will NOT automatically sync to these folders. With WINMO, iPhone and BB this was not an issue.

I must admit that the Pre is very flaky still with the EAS but with the Pre and WebOS being new to the scene I am giving well due respect to that. I would hope to see maybe not this release coming up but in future releases/updates that Palm will give you the option to check mark the folders for auto sync so you do not have to go into the folder and manually update.

Unfortunately I am not able to move these folders under the Inbox due to our mail server's retention policy, after 180 days the email gets deleted. Reasoning for the policy is quiet simple , we do not allow archiving.

If there are any tweaks to help with this issue please feel free to chime in.
    I'm having the same issue... I cannot see any mail outside of my inbox
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I'm having the same issue... I cannot see any mail outside of my inbox

Our problems maybe close to the same but not exact, as I can see my folders and I can set as favorites but what I have to do is manually update each folder instead of it syncing automatically.
    I may be wrong about this, but I don't think this is EAS specific. The Pre will not automatically push message outside of the inbox in gmail either, at least not on my phone.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    I may be wrong about this, but I don't think this is EAS specific. The Pre will not automatically push message outside of the inbox in gmail either, at least not on my phone.

You are correct , its not related directly to EAS so in general lets refer to email all the way around just did a full check by setting up a personal email account on my phone...

Hence why I brought up about the fact of the iPhone, WinMo and BB. You can have the phone actually check ALL folders you want to unlike with the Pre you have to select the folder you want to check manually everytime you want to view email in that folder. Granted it still maintains the old email in the folder, new mail will not come in to those folders outside the inbox of any email you setup automatically, even if you set it as a favorite.