1.    #1  
    Since, we can't yet sync Tasks and Memos (Notes) with Outlook (2007) locally (that is local Wi-Fi and not over the Cloud, Google, etc.) using Chapura PocketMirror , is the following idea feasible?

1. Sync Pre and Outlook 2007 with Chapura PocketMirror. This will sync Contacts and Calendar to the Pre.

2. HotSync Outlook 2007 and Treo 700p. This will sync Tasks and Memos (maybe Contacts and Calendar too, but this is not important).
    3. Copy Memos and Tasks database files from the 700p to MotionApps Classic app on the Pre.
    4. On the Pre, use the superior Quick Memos Memo app and Palm Tasks app in Classic on the Pre to manage Memos and Tasks.
    5. Copy the database files back to the 700p.
    6. Hotsync the 700p to Outlook 2007.

Do you think that this would work? Yes, it is a lot of work, but I do not plan to use any service that syncs my personal data to the Internet.

Please note: I do not yet own a Pre! I'm just trying to figure out a workaround for the current lack of Tasks and Memos syncing on the Pre before I switch. Of course, none of this would be necessary once Chapura updates PocketMirror to sync Memos and Tasks!
  2.    #2  
    Now that I own a Pre, my crazy idea about is complete overkill.

Since, I used to use the HotSync Manager to sync Outlook to my 700p, I found that the best way to do things is to:
    1. In HotSync Manager, uncheck the boxes to sync Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes.
    2. Use PocketMirror for Pre to sync Calendar and Contacts to Outlook.
    3. In Motion Apps Classic PalmOS environment, setup Classic to Sync via Wi-Fi.
    4. In HotSync Manager, check the boxes for Tasks and Notes/Memos syncing.
    5. Sync Tasks and Memos using the Hotsync icon in Classic. After this, Tasks and Memos will sync with the Classic environment only.

This approach does not require any copying of data. Note: Chapura has upgraded Pocket Mirror to sync Notes and will have the ability to sync Tasks in a few months, people suspect. Once that product is update, you will be able to use one program to sync all of you PIM apps to the Pre and use them natively.
    What you say above is nice, but don't forget that PocketMirror now handles Notes/memos as well.

I'm sort of doing what you do, but taking it another step further.

~ I sync 2-way with PocketMirror between my Pre and my Home PC. Contacts, Calendar, Notes.
    ~ I sync 1-way only FROM my Home PC TO Classic. All 4 PIMs
    ~ I sync 1-way only FROM Classic to my Work PC. All 4 PIMs

That gives me:
    ~ Full access at Home to all my data, Pre or PC, controlled by full syncing.
    ~ Access to DateBk6 Icon quick finding/sorting of my Calendar data via Classic c/o Pre.
    ~ Easy access of my PIM data on my Work PC, any edits are done on my Pre.

The above will suit me until, Palm supply a Pre Calendar search feature, and Chapura enable Tasks (soon I think).

BTW, are you having the problem with Classic crashing after every couple of WiFi Hotsync's ?

Ps, good to find another OTT WiFi syncing fan
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4.    #4  
    Nope, I didn't forget to mention Notes. It's in there!

Wow, your syncing setup is much more sophistitcated than what I mentioned. Are you first syncing the Pre to Outlook with PocketMirror and then syncing Outlook to Classic with HotSync Manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Nope, I didn't forget to mention Notes. It's in there!

Wow, your syncing setup is much more sophistitcated than what I mentioned. Are you first syncing the Pre to Outlook with PocketMirror and then syncing Outlook to Classic with HotSync Manager?
    Yep, missed your last paragraph

Yes, I have to make sure my Home PC & Pre are synced before I do the Hotsync Classic/PC to take to work the latests PIM data.

It needs a little bit of discipline, but works OK for now.

In my PalmOS days, Treo680, I could quite happily hotsync with both PC's, hopefully one day this might be possible with PocketMirror.

BTW, in case you have not yet found out, there is a problem with 'All Day' events syncing from Outlook to Pre. It tends to add an extra day, on the Pre only.
    It seems to be a WebOS problem, as I saw the same problem when I was trying CompanionLink. Palm are aware of the problem.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway