Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi guys, ok I've always been able to sync my google contacts with my pre. Now I've noticed that it is only syncing one way. Meaning i only can add contacts to gmail and have them pushed to the phone but not the other way around

if i change anything on the phone it won't update in gmail. I can only get information pushed to the phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Yeah it been happenning to me too... I think google sync probably depends on Palm servers perhaps. If there's something wrong on that end it might be preventing proper sync...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Having the same issue.
    google sync fails a majority of the time, and it's only one way, even birthdays wont sync from the phone to google
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    so no way to fix this? I know it used to work fine before why did it stop working?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I just tired a test with mine and it syncs both ways.

This is interesting.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Mine syncs both ways. I just updated a couple of contacts on the Pre and my gmail contact got updated too.

P.S. - Make sure your gmail account is set as default account in contacts preference.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    unfortunately this is hit or miss, sometimes it works sometimes it does'nt. there are several threads both here and on palm's website about the pre not linking back to the cloud and sending information to it. I think we are all hoping that with thursdays release this bug is worked out.
    Mine works sometimes and not others. For example just tonight I edited an existing contact with important data. I told my pre to sync to gmail. I looked at it later and the information I had changed was gone. It synced with gmail but it put the old information from gmail to my pre instead of taking the new information from my pre to gmail.

Generally when I notice problems like this, I go into gmail and export ALL contacts to a file. I delete All contacts in gmail. I sync my pre to gmail, so now BOTH gmail and pre are contact free. I import my contacts back to gmail, then sync my pre again. After that it seems to work. I just did that now and tried to sync both ways and it fixed the problem. Why? No idea.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 09/24/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    so i have been having this problem as well, but it seems to be very specific--only one way when editing. that is, I can edit gmail--> pre no problem, add new contact pre-->gmail, no problem, delete contact both ways, no problem, but if I edit a contact on the pre, it does not change on gmail (the only exception to this is if I add a contact to the pre, then later edit it)...however, the contacts that were pre-existing on gmail can't be edited on the pre). My wife's pre is not having this problem at all.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    my contact sync fixed with the new 1.2 update...I read something about sync problems being fixed with this update worked for me. Anyone have problems post 1.2?
    mine did not fix with 1.2...i did the delete all contacts and re-add them, that seems to work for now, but I have to redo all the pics, assigned ringers...kinda sux
    for all of you who are having with the google contacts not syncing properly, is your contact list pretty large? i just tried it and it works fine for me, but my contact list is pretty small. my sig other's list, on the other hand, is close to 700 and we're nervous about using google contacts if it's so buggy. thx.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    so i have been having this problem as well, but it seems to be very specific--only one way when editing. that is, I can edit gmail--> pre no problem, add new contact pre-->gmail, no problem, delete contact both ways, no problem, but if I edit a contact on the pre, it does not change on gmail (the only exception to this is if I add a contact to the pre, then later edit it)...however, the contacts that were pre-existing on gmail can't be edited on the pre). My wife's pre is not having this problem at all.
    This is EXACTLY what mine is doing. I have 863 contacts in google. I've been thinking of splitting them into the three gmail accounts I have. One for work, one for friends and family, and one for general contacts. Perhaps this will help.

The only problem is an inability to choose to which account a new contact goes, I may not always want it to go to my default.