1.    #1  
    and vice versa. So far I have begrudgingly accepted gmail contacts sync with my Pre. It works great and I have accepted it as my primary route to sync my contacts to the "cloud". However I still use yahoo as my primary email just because I have too many contacts there and simply cannot change. For that reason I would like a way to keep my contacts in sync with both gmail and yahoo. How do you do that? I don't want keep manually exporting contacts from gmail and importing in yahoo. There has to be an easier way? This is what I want:

I add/edit/delete contact to my Pre address book >> auto sync with gmail + auto sync with yahoo contacts...

Why is this so hard? If the Pre can't do this directly, is there some third party web service or desktop app that will automatically sync my gmail and yahoo contacts? I would imagine there has to be some service that could do this for all major webmail services like yahoo, gmail, msn, aol, etc...

any thoughts?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    Well after a couple hours searching, I found a desktop solution that will keep google contacts and yahoo contact in sync. It is a clunky and haphazard solution but here it is:

Companionlink to sync google contacts with Outlook:
    Sync Microsoft Outlook with your Google account and Palm Pre | CompanionLink

Yahoo Autosync to sync yahoo contacts to Outlook:
    What is Yahoo! Autosync?

So basically, you have to sync both google and yahoo separately to Outlook to keep them both in sync.

Both companionlink and Autosync can be setup to automatically sync in the backround, but you of course have to keep you desktop on all the time. I unfortunately have not found any web based solution for this and I would prefer to something that negates the need for a computer and Outlook all together. I know the Pixi version of webos will support synergy with yahoo, but I want a solution that will not only link but also SYNC google and yahoo, hotmail simutaneously. Does anyone else also want this feature?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I would actually, as I use Yahoo for contacts and mail and refuse to switch (mostly because I like yahoo's features more than gmail's).

Do you know if there are published interfaces to retrieve contact information from them?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    I would actually, as I use Yahoo for contacts and mail and refuse to switch (mostly because I like yahoo's features more than gmail's).

Do you know if there are published interfaces to retrieve contact information from them?
    Well I just posted a way above! Also you can manually export contacts as cvs files from yahoo and gmail as well. But I was looking for an automatic web based solution that didn't require using desktop based outlook as go-between...

Just seems that synergy is incomplete...not quite there. I don't want to just "link" my contacts from different places, but also want to sync them in all the places I want them to sync be it gmail, yahoo or whatever...

Give soocial.com a try.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    and vice versa. So far I have begrudgingly accepted gmail contacts sync with my Pre. It works great and I have accepted it as my primary route to sync my contacts to the "cloud". However I still use yahoo as my primary email just because I have too many contacts there and simply cannot change. For that reason I would like a way to keep my contacts in sync with both gmail and yahoo. How do you do that? I don't want keep manually exporting contacts from gmail and importing in yahoo. There has to be an easier way? This is what I want:

I add/edit/delete contact to my Pre address book >> auto sync with gmail + auto sync with yahoo contacts...

Why is this so hard? If the Pre can't do this directly, is there some third party web service or desktop app that will automatically sync my gmail and yahoo contacts? I would imagine there has to be some service that could do this for all major webmail services like yahoo, gmail, msn, aol, etc...

any thoughts?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    Give soocial.com a try.
    Thanks. Soocial can sync with google but because of the limitations of yahoo mail there is no way to update yahoo contacts. Soocial can only read from yahoo contacts but it cannot update to change any contact on yahoo itself if a change is made on soocial or gmail. They state that they hope to enable this feature in the future but it is not available yet. Another problem with soocial is that it is yet ANOTHER 3rd party service that has access to you private PIM. I just wish Palm would enable this themselves within webos so you don't have to rely on another service. On the positive side, Soocial is free (for now) and offers a free desktop app to sync outlook to soocial. Thus if you sync gmail with soocial and use their outlook sync client, you can get rid of companionlink with costs $$$$....combine that with the free autosync app from yahoo and you can sync and update yahoo pim as well.....
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/20/2009 at 12:32 AM.