1.    #1  
    I am certain that I have lost 5-6 emails in the last few weeks on the Pre. They come in but then dissapear. A few I have actually read to only have dissapear and the just now I was actually able to watch one new unread message vanish.

I have lost some key emails and am wondering if this is a Pre issue or possibly something going on with exchange.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  2.    #2  
    Just found this last message in deleted items. Deleted items in my desktop client- nowhere to be found on the Pre.

Weird and disturbing.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I had experienced the same issue. Turned out that the little trash can conveniently located on the bottom right is a little too convenient.
    I have not been able to locate a confirm email deletion option.
    I get hundreds of email a day via Exchange and it all comes to my phone. As far as I know, I haven't lost any email yet and it's been about 2 months...
    Actually this happens to me, but i use AOL mail and have it push to my phone. At least once a week when i am laying down with my phone on the touchstone i will get an email and just glance but not touch the phone and if its not important i wont touch it at all. I then fall asleep and wake up in the morning with no email there.... This only started to happen since i got the touchstone...
  6.    #6  
    This is starting to really concern me.

I am confident this is a software glitch. Hopefully it ceases with 1.2- if not I may need to weigh my options. This is dangerous and not something I can live with.

I lost an email today from one of my dealers looking for a quote!
    okay so by this happening to you also it means that i am not going crazy and just imaging these emails...I really do hope they get this fixed, being in college email is the way i communicate with half of my groups and all of my professors...
    Are you sure you guys are not hitting delete accidentally? It's an easy thing to do. Also, check your trash as the Pre doesn't permanently delete anything; it moves it to the trash.

I guess find it odd. My job really depends on email and I've never lost an email across my exchange account (like I mentioned, I usually get about 100 emails a day) and 4 IMAP accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Are you sure you guys are not hitting delete accidentally? It's an easy thing to do. Also, check your trash as the Pre doesn't permanently delete anything; it moves it to the trash.

I guess find it odd. My job really depends on email and I've never lost an email across my exchange account (like I mentioned, I usually get about 100 emails a day) and 4 IMAP accounts.
    No i am sure, and when i even go online to my email account it is in my deleted folder. alike i said i leave it on the touchstone and do not even touch the phone, but to my knowledge this has only happened while it has been on the touchstone....but idk, i just figured a) i am going crazy or b) its an AOL thing because my yahoo account has not done this to my knowledge, but i receive very little email on that one...
    You don't have any rules that move / delete items, do you? Sometimes I find my Pre is so quick with receiving emails that I usually get the notification before the rule takes effect (so if it's moved to another folder, I'll click on the notification but the email doesn't display since it's been moved).
    I get 120 to 150 emails a day through Exchange. Everytime I have thought an email has disappeared, I have found it in deleted items. I am sure I've either hit the trash can or more likely swipe deleted it.
    Btw, this is really bothering me (yes, I'm one of those people...) but... why is your email loose?

I've heard of people losing email but someone loosening their email? Crazy!
    why is your email loose?
    Needs bran flakes
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Just like kasracer said, if you have rules or filters set in exchange, this rules will follow to your mail on your Pre. I have seen mail dissapear but that would be due to my filters I have set for junk mail.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I caught myself as the source of an accidental delete recently.

I was reading an email in full-card view, and hit the trashcan to delete it. WebOS then reverts back to your list of emails, i.e. "swipe view".

I noticed that the email I just trashed was still listed, so I swiped it, thinking that I might have missed the trash can somehow previously.

The problem is that there's a slight delay between the "trashcan" and removing that email from the list view/swipe view. So, as I swiped, the list adjusted itself, and the next email in line got deleted.

This was my fault since I was too impatient. I'm not sure if this could account for multilple lost emails though.
  16.    #16  

Looks like these emails are being flagged as junk mail- not rules residing on the server, but the local outlook email client itself. That is why there is a delay in them being processed- I pull then up on my Pre, the localm client sees it as junk and moves it and when that happens bang- gone.

This doesnt explain all my emails but does give me confidence that this is not a Pre issue.

Thanks Kasracer