Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Been gone a while shooting at smelly bearded men, and finally have a chance to get to know my Pre. Currently synching with my primary Gmail account, which wouldn't be a problem except every single fricking email address found in my gmail account is showing up as a contact in my Pre. Is my only recourse synching via my Palm profile (which I haven't even looked at yet), or is there a way to get the phone to not automatically add every contact in gmail?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    you can clean up your google contacts, but that can be a pain. There was a work around listed on the palm support forums on palm's website where you connect to gmail via an exchange server (really made for the iphone). This will download only my contacts under gmail insted of all contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    Been gone a while shooting at smelly bearded men, and finally have a chance to get to know my Pre. Currently synching with my primary Gmail account, which wouldn't be a problem except every single fricking email address found in my gmail account is showing up as a contact in my Pre. Is my only recourse synching via my Palm profile (which I haven't even looked at yet), or is there a way to get the phone to not automatically add every contact in gmail?
    Its not a problem for me... I never scroll through my entire contact list anyway (I use the search function) but I have read somewhere here on the Forums that someone found a work-around.

Here is one you might try
    , else search becuase I don't think this is the thread I read.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Not sure if this will work if you only have one email address, but in the contacts card, bring up the menu and select preferences. You will see Palm Profile, and should see Gmail in the accounts. Select the Gmail account and you should be able to remove it.

When you set up the email, it adds the account by default to contacts, and I believe Calendar as well, but you can remove them from the individual apps you don't want them to sync with.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    DavidRR is correct. You can just remove the Google account from your contacts. It will automatically clean up your contacts and delete all the Google ones. I did that on my phone, because while I wanted Calendar and E-mail, I really didn't care about Contacts.