Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help me.. I've been struggling for an issue for the past few hours..

I had to rebuild my phone today because of human error (ran the updater command line, which bricked my phone..) - choose to update w/ webos 1.2 when I did..

Everything was great.. but my exchange account is refusing to load now. It actually picked up the account via the palm profile, but wasn't able to login (didn't pull anything from it..)

I've removed the account/added it, and now I'm stuck w/ "Unable to verify incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again"

What's weird is that this worked fine before.. under webos (1.0 --> 1.1) - but doens't work now under 1.2

My only guess is that the exchange was setup/worked under 1.0 (I'm using 4smartphone.com - fairly unsecure) - but the EAS enhancements in 1.1 and beyond are incompatible with it now..

Has anyone seen this issue???

Thanks,
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    btw - things that I've tried based on searches on here -

1) Leaving domain blank, putting in domain/username for the username
    2) pulling out my hair
    3) trying http instead of https

-m
    do a partial or hard erase or both but it did that to me as well ,if that does not work doctor it again lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Did anyone figure this out? Where I work a few of us have Palm Pres and some of us can get Exchange totally fine and some get the "Unable to verify incoming mail server settings" error. Our versions are the same and but there must be something different.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymart81 View Post
    Did anyone figure this out? Where I work a few of us have Palm Pres and some of us can get Exchange totally fine and some get the "Unable to verify incoming mail server settings" error. Our versions are the same and but there must be something different.

I've tried everything - even replacing the com.palm.app.email program with the one that came with webos 1.0..

but I don't think that program controls adding the account (since the same code is used in the calendar/etc..) - does anyone know where the code is for setting up a new email program?

*this worked before!* - I don't understand why it's not working now..

-mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    OK - this is rediculous.. this definately broke in 1.2..

I was able to get this working by enabling my EAS exchange accounts IN the Palm emulator (which is running sdk 1.1), then manually copying the database files from the SDK /var/luna/data/dbdata to my Pre in the same location - the exchange accounts continued to work there then.. (but I lost the palm profile..)

-mark
    EDIT - nevermind, even though the messages show up, I can't do anything, so for me, webos 1.2 (leaked version) broke EAS
    Last edited by diomark; 09/17/2009 at 07:33 PM.