Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Yesterday (when i still has the old itunes) I was able to sync it with my pre and everything was fine. All of a sudden today .. once I downloaded the new one.... It Stopped ( I re-started my comp after itunes update and still no syncing) Is Anybody else having the same issue or knows how to fix it??? SOOOOO UPSET
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This is a known issue.

http://www.precentral.net/itunes-9-b...get-going-palm

Rumour has it there will be a fix for it in the new webOS update coming sometime before the end of time.

Until then rolling back to the earlier version of itunes might fix your immediate issue.

Good luck.
    Rolling back is easy. No point in updating itunes unless you have an Ipod. If you do have an Ipod, you need to find a different app to sync your music, of which there are plenty.

Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    That doesn't work if you've used a new version of iTunes. I am not sure what my last update was and now tried at least versions of an older copy and will not work.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Why not try doubletwist. its a better alternative to iTunes and you never have to worry about the ability to sync being broken.

Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Acutally the older versions do work. You have to rename the music library in your iTunes folder. Rename it to:

iTunes Library.itl.old

After that restart iTunes and you're good to go. Just synched my PRE.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Where have you been...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Where have you been...
    Some users are casual and don't follow everything that happens in the Palm world.

Anyone else having issues with the doubleTwist forums?
    if you have already updated your itunes to version 9 you may have noticed that it doesnt recognize you pre anymore. I had to totally erase itunes from my computer and then went to FileHippo .com - Download Free Software and downloaded version8.0.2 . Then i had to find a way to restore my library so i went to the support page on the apple website there are directions on how to do this. hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
    Its been mentioned. I think the next update 1.2 will address this issue, not sure though
    Wow...good catch op. you work for the ethiopia times by chance?
    Dang it. I installed itunes 9 but went back under my rock & haven't been able to read a single blog, tech headline, or even the headlines here. (which mobile users can't see anyways)

Sure glad someone threaded this. Need to spend less time under that rock. Whew.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    lmao!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrant878 View Post
    if you have already updated your itunes to version 9 you may have noticed that it doesnt recognize you pre anymore. I had to totally erase itunes from my computer and then went to FileHippo .com - Download Free Software and downloaded version8.0.2 . Then i had to find a way to restore my library so i went to the support page on the apple website there are directions on how to do this. hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

lol ok...i"ve heard something about itunes9 breaking sync with the pre...where did i see that?! oh ya in 3,000,000 different posts on precentral.net and every other tech site in the world.

lol but seriously we all know and palm will most likely addressing this issue on the next update (9/24/09)
    +1
    I'd just like to take a moment to point out that my new Pre worked perfectly with the software that I've been using for a few years now to handle all my music. J River Studios Media Center(and free Media Jukebox) sync'd perfectly, no problems. You can't use the "media mode" on the Pre, just have to sync it connect as a USB drive.

After seeing all the iTunes? threads, just thought I'd post a very real, viable option for anyone that wants it. It is a Windows platform, but that's probably most people anyways.

And having used iTunes before, I can honestly say(at that time) I hated it, and loved Media Center. Probably the part I love most, is I can connect to anyone's iPod and play/browse their music as well(less the newest iPods I believe, because they are threatening legal action these days). MC/MJ doesn't restrict what you can do on your portable devices. And runner up for what I really like about it is converting, on the fly, any music file(wav, ogg, mp3, flac, aac, etc...) to what you want on your portable device, in whatever bitrate you want it.

Just thought I'd share.

wine = almost came out my nose
    I move that the mods make a "Captain Obvious" Category that these posts get moved to....along with the creative replies. Maybe we can vote on a favorite-of-the-week and someone gets a prize from the Precentral store.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    dee duh dee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast