Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh...I almost forgot:

I love turtles.
    its been addressed but no one bothered to to tell how to fix it. or did i miss something looking around for hours
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrant878 View Post
    its been addressed but no one bothered to to tell how to fix it. or did i miss something looking around for hours
    As far as I know syncing with iTunes 9 is not possible right now. A lot of speculation/rumors has been made that the webOS 1.2.0 update was delayed in order to address this.

However that is just speculation/rumors - for now you'll have to use 8.2 if you want to sync your Pre using iTunes. There are other programs out there made for iPod syncing that do not have an issue with the Pre, look here.

There aren't any linux apps on that list; I'd suggest GtkPod, Banshee, YamiPod, or Songbird if you're on (or plan on using) linux.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Because the front page post and the long thread aren't obvious enough? And how to fix it? Seriously? Don't install it,voila,fixed!

You would think after the first time sync was broken people would look a bit before mindlessly installing updates to iTunes. Also, finding iTunes 8.2.1 is easy, hell, Apple still has it on their own site.
    My name is William and I like fingernail polishhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy Birthday Jimmy!
    Are you sure about this? I think the OP is lying.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Oh...I almost forgot:

I love turtles.
    Your slacking off a bit here....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    you didn't have to delete itunes from ur computer downgrading its not a hard thing to do loll
    Thanks for sharing this tip now. It's especially helpful for people who are brand new to the Palm Pre and have just started using theirs . . . and those who are new to this forum.

I have the older version of iTunes on the PC that I sync my Pre with, and put the new version on my desktop PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrant878 View Post

Thers an app for that. Yeh yeh, most of you know where this is going...

So.. I won't even do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    My name is William and I like fingernail polishhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy Birthday Jimmy!
    Hi William. M name is john. I like the color clear.
    screw itunes its one of many reasons i left my iphone behind. resource HOG
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Rolling back is easy. No point in updating itunes unless you have an Ipod. If you do have an Ipod, you need to find a different app to sync your music, of which there are plenty.

Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com
    I checked out that site, and apparently you have to pay $20.00 in order to download the "old" (8.2.1) version of i-Tunes. Are there any other sites out there where you do not have to pay in order to download an earlier version of iTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by susanl464 View Post
    I checked out that site, and apparently you have to pay $20.00 in order to download the "old" (8.2.1) version of i-Tunes. Are there any other sites out there where you do not have to pay in order to download an earlier version of iTunes?
    Don't click on the download button. Click on the version.

Old Version of iTunes 8.2.1 Download - OldApps.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12