1.    #1  
    So I got a new error message yesterday, looking for a little help from the SU community. It's been a little while for me since I've been around, and couldn't find anything via the search functionality.

The error: I now have a yellow triangle with a "!" in the middle stating that there is something wrong. I try to click the icon, and all I get are the number of emails and last sync time. Why do I think it is a SSL Cert error? I received a notification with the gmail icon (gmail email) that there was a SSL Certificate Error - Check Date/Time. When I click on the notification, it brings up my date/time settings.

What have I tried thus far?

1) Uninstall/Reinstall of the account, both in mail and contacts
    2) Sym+Og+R Reset
    3) Soft reset
    a) Here I turned it off for 15 minutes, then powered it back online
    4) two Sprint stores, 1 corporate, 1 affiliate
    5) Customer Care from the Pre itself. I don't have a second phone available to me yet, that will come tomorrow, but I thought I'd check here first.
    I had the same thing yesterday and this morning. I removed the gmail account, rebooted, added gmail account and had the same error. It seems to have resolved itself this afternoon. Maybe a gmail imap issue?
    I started to have the same problem this morning (but I didn't see an SSL error). No mail all day, then a successful IMAP download in the afternoon, but only once. Now its back to the warning icon and no incoming. I can send mail fine, though.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had the same problem last week and what I found, with the help of other forums, was an email that the Pre couldn't parse or had some other problem with. When I removed it from the inbox through the website, either by deleting or archiving it, the warning icon on the Pre went away and it started operating normally.

Some people have deleted/archived their entire inboxes and then moved them back one by one. I found it much more effective to delete/archive them one by one until the issue went away.

Also, some people have see the issue move from the inbox to whatever folder the email is moved to. I haven't seen this but realize it might be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanSF View Post
    I had the same problem last week and what I found, with the help of other forums, was an email that the Pre couldn't parse or had some other problem with. When I removed it from the inbox through the website, either by deleting or archiving it, the warning icon on the Pre went away and it started operating normally.

Some people have deleted/archived their entire inboxes and then moved them back one by one. I found it much more effective to delete/archive them one by one until the issue went away.

Also, some people have see the issue move from the inbox to whatever folder the email is moved to. I haven't seen this but realize it might be an issue.
    Your solution worked for me. I moved the most recent emails to Archive a few at a time until IMAP started working again. Then I narrowed it down to the specific email that was causing the problem. I haven't had a chance yet to find a root cause, but the content of the problem email is completely graphics. Thanks!
    I'm getting this same issue. I tryed everything and this is pissing me off. Pre is a great phone but starting to get me mad.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    wow... i was having the same issue. it was only one email that it was getting hung up on. both sprint and palm were useless in helping me out. i tracked it down using the "archiving method" that was suggested. the email giving me problems DID NOT have any graphics. just text. it was a Travelzoo Newsflash email.