Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else, but I can't find it.

I'd like to keep my email more consistent and professional, but I can't seem to find a way to make Pre-based emails look the same as desktop client (Outlook 2007) emails.

Specifically, I'd like to alter the font type (to Calibri) and size.

I don't think this is a new question, and it always plagued my old windows mobile device (which always substituted Arial).

Any tips?
    I've been hoping for a while that somebody would figure out a way to do this. This is the single biggest issue I have with the Pre right now since I do a lot of emailing from the device and currently the EAS font/formatting is kind of broken.

Without a way to change the font we'll be stuck without consistency with respect to our desktop clients.
    This is my biggest gripe with the Pre. I can't respond back to any emails, because the replies always look so horrible. Especially when replying back to exchange e-mails, the font is huge. I'm not sure why more people aren't annoyed with this, I'd think it would be a bigger deal.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I agree with you chadrickb - the large font size is the worst part. It makes replies look unprofessional.
    I agree. This does suck. I have tried looking into it a little bit but have came up with nothing so far. Hopefully someone can figure something out.
  6. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ize-email.html

This happened after 1.2 update, not happy.
    For as email/business oriented Palm typically is I am surprised they had such a huge miss on this. I feel the same as others and can't respond to my emails because of how awful it looks.

Thanks AWB for the fix!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks guys! I wasn't even aware of this issue until I read this. To make matters worse I just glanced through the many hundreds of emails I have sent from my Pre (also connected to two corporate Exchange servers) and man JUMBOTRON FONTS plus off aligned signatures too.
    Motorola StarTAC-->Cassiopia E100 + Motorola i90-->Motorola i95-->Blackberry 7520-->Palm Treo 650-->HTC 6700(Apache)--> HTC 6800(Mogul)-->HTC 6850 (Touch Pro)-->Palm Pre
    I've posted a patch that you can apply via WebOSQuickInstall here. Instructions for installing the patch are detailed in the thread.

Hope this helps. Thanks to menomenee and brianmb99 for their proposed fixes (which I cannibalized when making the patch).
  10. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Anyone know if this will be addressed soon? as in a WebOS update, not a patch? I am getting sick of my oversized exchange email font.