1.    #1  
    Just found a video on youtube from February that shows a facebook app in the launcher. Why did they have this app before the release of the Palm Pre and then not include it originally. Also the Keyboard on this pre looks slightly different and the buttons are tilted. Can someone explain. Heres the youtube link.
    It's just a web launcher icon. Not the real app.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  3.    #3  
    are u sure, it looks like the same icon showed on the pixi, and what did u think about the keyboard
    This is why companies are obscenely tight-lipped about anything until it's ready for release. Something shows up that they're working on, testing, or just "trying out" and people expect that feature to be present when for various reasons it's not.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yup, see it at 1:19. But if its not ready yet then we just have to wait. I'm just glad to have the phone in my hand now.
    Quote Originally Posted by triley8807 View Post
    are u sure, it looks like the same icon showed on the pixi, and what did u think about the keyboard

Yes, its a web launcher icon. I even have mine like that.
    Forget browser bookmarks. My favorites look much better as ic... on Twitpic
    Follow Me On

Just found a video on youtube from February that shows a facebook app in the launcher.
    As others have said, it's just a launcher shortcut. You can make that yourself.

Why did they have this app before the release of the Palm Pre and then not include it originally.
    They didn't.

are u sure, it looks like the same icon showed on the pixi
    We just told you it's just a launcher shortcut and that you can make the very same one yourself on your Pre from within the web app. ("Add to Launcher")

All this means is they used the same icon from the Pre's Facebook bookmark for the Pixi's Facebook app. And why wouldn't they?
    in the x.facebook.com page, does anybody know how to show more pages of pictures....i can see the first page with 20 or so thumbnails, but i can't figure out how to go onto the next 20 in thumbnail view. thanks
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    This is why companies are obscenely tight-lipped about anything until it's ready for release. Something shows up that they're working on, testing, or just "trying out" and people expect that feature to be present when for various reasons it's not.
    Secrecy is overrated and only one company in the world is capable of doing the secret launch properly. And they're jerks.

For everyone else then betas, forum discussions and developer blogs can only improve a product. FaceBook 3.0 development wasn't kept a secret and because of that they were able to get lots of feature feedback, resulted in a product better than the actual site and had a tremendously succcessful launch. So there's little chance that FB for WebOS will be better than the iPhone app if they're going to play the secrecy game. And that sucks for the end user.