1.    #1  
    At work we have Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Exchange 2007. I have been unsuccessfully trying to get the EAS support on the Pre to work with it. Finally I called Palm Support. After about a week of back and forth they finally told me there are compatibility issues with Microsoft Exchange 2007. The Pre will not connect to it and they will call me when there are any developments.
    Hmm, mine works fine. My service is through 1and1.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I got it working in under 30 seconds and we use Exchange 2007 - service provided by Mailstreet.
    Interesting... Mine works fine as well. Service is through SherWeb.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    What kind of security features are you using? I thought this was addressed in the 1.1 update. I'm using Exchange 2007 with Mail2Web, no problems.
    What kind of problems are you seeing?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iwaswondering View Post
    At work we have Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Exchange 2007. I have been unsuccessfully trying to get the EAS support on the Pre to work with it. Finally I called Palm Support. After about a week of back and forth they finally told me there are compatibility issues with Microsoft Exchange 2007. The Pre will not connect to it and they will call me when there are any developments.
    SBS 2008 comes with some default security measures implemented. Have your IT dept try to remove them. SBS2008 is a pretty straight forward setup, but if the domain setup was run incorrectly it could mess up ActiveSync.

Errr nevermind, misread, it isn't SBS 2008. Then that means a lot of manual configuration. But the security settings are still set by default.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iwaswondering View Post
    At work we have Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Exchange 2007
    We're using Windows Server 2003 R2 w/ Exchange 2007. I've set up a few Pres, including mine, and they work flawlessly. One problem that others have had is the use of a "self-signed" SSL certificate - your IT people will know what that means - before webOS 1.2 self-signed certs would not work. We purchased a commercial certificate and did not have any problems with the Pres recognizing it.

Also make sure that Exchange 2007 is fully patched and up to date - there were issues with earlier versions of 2007 that affected many different clients. Finally, I'm not sure about Windows Server 2008 - I'm getting ready to roll out some test servers using it next week, but I cannot yet say how it affects Exchange 2007.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    We also run Exchange 2007 without any problems. The only thing you might run in to is if there are any policies set up for EAS on your server. Check with your IT staff and make sure that there are no policies that require you to set a pin on your phone, or policies that require devices to be able to accept a remote wipe. Some companies mandate these two policies and they are incompatible with the Pre. Also what was said about self signed certificates above is correct. Ask your IT staff to verify that there is a valid certificate on the CAS server for EAS.