View Poll Results: Would you like your Pre to sync with Zune Software?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd kill for my Pre to sync with the Zune Player!

79 79.00%
  • No Thanks, I'll keep dealing with the itunes war.

1 1.00%
  • No Thanks, I'm content with Double Twist.

1 1.00%
  • I Could Care Less!

19 19.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many people here would love to see the Pre sync with the Zune software?

I have one of the original 4gig mini Zune's and it has worked great, but the thing I love the most is the music player software. It has tones of sick options and the screen savers it plays are crazy as hell.

Anyone else here think it would be nice if the Pre worked with the Zune player?
    I would like to see it sync with the Zune.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  3.    #3  
    Wow I thought there were alot more people that had Zune's!
    I think that would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I don't have a zune yet, but I do use the zune software. I would love to sync my pre with the zune software. I plan on getting the zune HD. (my girl is getting it for me on my birthday) Even without a zune I really like their music software. I have tried Itunes, media monkey, WMP, winamp, and countless others that I can't remember. In my opinion no other software works as well with a large library and looks as good doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Wow I thought there were alot more people that had Zune's!
    I have a first generation Zune and will be upgrading to a Zune HD next week
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I would love if it were fully compatible with Zune, that way I could put my Zune Pass music on there. Don't think that Microsoft is going to license out the ability to do this any time soon, but it would be nice.
  8. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Why doesn't any like the drag and drop method of putting files on their device?
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    It's okay it's just not good for hundreds of songs.

I use Windows Media Player's sync which just drags and drops the songs but also organizes them onto the device with album art.
    It's to time consuming to constantly change the music.

I have a large collection and synch about 4gb of music daily. Once a song is listened to then it is rotated out for newer material. It's all handled with smart play lists and i get to listen to the newer popular stuff with all my old favorites with a sprinkling in of lower rated songs to see if the catch my ear the next time around.

Going to be getting the Zune HD so synch with the Pre would rock.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    I have no problems dragging and dropping music but when it comes to the music web casts that i subscribe to it makes it much easier to stay current with some form of auto sync.
    i thought i was one of the only people that is missing this functionality. Currently my zune software manages, about ten podcasts feeds. With resumable mp3s planned for the 1.2 update, I can slim down to one device.
    Quote Originally Posted by L-Boogie View Post
    I have a first generation Zune and will be upgrading to a Zune HD next week
    ditto
  14.    #14  
    Anyone pick up a new ZuneHD yet?
    I bought a first Gen Zune and kept updating the software 'til sometime around last year and never really liked it very much. The Zune itself was great, but I felt like the interface and functionality of the desktop software was crap. Maybe I missed a ton of improvements over the last year, but for now I'm using media monkey. I may look into what else is out there soon.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I really wish i could sync with zune. I have an original 30 gig and it's about ready to die. Now that i have the Pre i pretty much don't touch my zune, but i miss the software. I don't particularly like itunes, zune just seems to do more to me.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Zune 4.0 up for download on zune.net. Also an update for old zunes
    Quote Originally Posted by Devren View Post
    Zune 4.0 up for download on zune.net. Also an update for old zunes
    It's so slick and I love how it's optimized for Windows 7.

btw

If your machine can handle it, 64-bit is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yes have to agree with you Duncdamonk
    I'm going to pick up a Zune HD right now!
    I've always loved the look, feel, and performance of the Zune desktop software, iTunes can't shake a stick at it (mainly because it has no arms..). I digress, the wireless sync function has also been another selling point for me of the Zune experience. If the Pre does ever sync with Zune I hope it translates that functionality.

And just in case anyone was wondering, NO, it's not crazy to have a dedicated MP3 player and a smartphone with an MP3 player built in. 1) Saves battery of my constantly used smartphone. 2) More Storage. 3) Ease of use (can't beat the ease of a Zune HD) and 4) Functionality, no TV out on the Palm Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast