Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Lately im reading horror stories on how people erase their pre then restore it an not all the contacts show up! I have over 1200 contacts. I know it gets backed up everyday but what if for some reason if i were to do a restore and only half the contats whould show up? Not good!

    I have my pre synch wth the palm profile. Is there a way to synch the contacts from my pre to google? This way I could have it backed up there as well or are there any other alternatives?
  2. #2  
    If you go into the contacts settings you can change the default contacts to sync with gmail. However that will only default any new contacts to sync with gmail afaikafaikafaik. $To$ $backup$ $the$ $rest$ $of$ $your$ $contacts$ $from$ $the$ $Palm$ $profile$, $I$ $would$ $suggest$ $using$ $Chapura$ $pocketmirror$ $to$ $sync$ $all$ $your$ $Pre$ $contacts$ $to$ $outlook$. $You$ $can$ $then$ $just$ $import$ $your$ $outlook$ $contacts$ $to$ $google$ $later$ $on$....
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I feel like I'm the only one that synchs with the palm profile. Anyone else? Do you feel comfortable with palms backup? I downloaded pocketmirror. Problem is my outlook is 2002. Only work with 2003-07. Just my luck!
  4. #4  
    hi is this still the same?

    i dont have outlook. is there a way to send all the contacts on the pre (sim, palm and facebook) to my gmail account? either by exporting all to windows contacts and then importing or another way?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    hi is this still the same?

    i dont have outlook. is there a way to send all the contacts on the pre (sim, palm and facebook) to my gmail account? either by exporting all to windows contacts and then importing or another way?
    There is a patch to send all contacts as a vcard
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...via-email.html

    Then you can import the vcard into gmail
    Importing contacts by CSV - Gmail Help

    I am sure there are other methods, but this should be a quick and painless solution.
  6. #6  
    thanks very much
  7. #7  
    No prob, let us know if you run into any issues.
  8. #8  
    hi can I export pre contact info via mac too?
  9. #9  
    Does the "send all contacts to email" patch include all the sync'd facebook contacts?

    Nevermind, answered my own question. Sorry for my lame-brainedness
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    There is a patch to send all contacts as a vcard
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...via-email.html

    Then you can import the vcard into gmail
    Importing contacts by CSV - Gmail Help

    I am sure there are other methods, but this should be a quick and painless solution.

    This won't create duplicates of the contacts already stored in google or anything crazy will it?
  11. #11  
    google is smart enough to merge already existing contacts afaikafaikafaik...
  12. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    google is smart enough to merge already existing contacts afaikafaikafaik...
    If you have multiple contacts with some of the same info selected, Gmail's contact manager will ask you if you want to merge them. Or you can do so manually by selecting multiple contacts and hitting the merge button. Either way, it's not hard to do.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Is there a way to synch the contacts from my pre to google?
    i'm not sure if this is exactly what you mean if you add a gmail account under the contacts section of your pre, not just email, it should sync with that account. That's what i do i don't rely on palm.


    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one that synchs with the palm profile. Anyone else? Do you feel comfortable with palms backup?
    I only use google. not perfect but to answer your second question: Nope. Not in the slightest. I don't trust palm's backup one bit.

    What i did. to keep my contacts pristine is i made a new gmail account that i don't use for email ever and it has all my contacts in it. This way when some random person emails my regular email and it gets' added to my contacts it will never show up.

    one thing to note when you add contacts to your phone they automatically get added to your gmail contacts. I like using google cause i know if my phone dies my info is always there. Google isn't going anywhere.
  14. #14  
    forgot to thanks for this! thankyou very much. now if only it would copy my FB contacts.

    (unless it does and i am not realising it)

Posting Permissions