View Poll Results: Do you sync with Itunes?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use iTunes to sync my Pre

107 33.86%
  • No, I do not use iTunes to sync my Pre

209 66.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Name says it all...
    If I could solve my album artwork issues with the other sync softwares out there I wouldn't be using iTunes. As it is only iTunes makes it easy to take care of Album Artwork. The Zune software does a great job, and i like it better, but Palm won't let me use that.
    I tried that but some artwork translated through to the phone and others didn't. When I dragged and dropped with the Jpeg in folder it worked great, but then in my photoroll had a bunch of album artwork.
    Does anyone use any of the simpler media players, like Foobar? I do because I have a gigantic FLAC library and I haven't found anything better (though I'm all ears) for handling hundreds of albums of lossless files; just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.
    iTunes is such a resource hog and so friggin' slow. I can see why poeple would use it if they are buying/have bought DRM infested music from Apple but if not, why use it at all on a wintel platform?
    I do not sync with Itunes.

As much as I want an all-in-one device, I feel the Pre doesn't compare with a convention Ipod that has hard buttons. I feel the same way about the Iphone. You can't ask a device to too much and have everything work well.
    I use it because I'm used to it..it works well for me and I like it.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Does anyone use any of the simpler media players, like Foobar? I do because I have a gigantic FLAC library and I haven't found anything better (though I'm all ears) for handling hundreds of albums of lossless files; just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.
    I use mpd+gmpc, which is pretty bare bones and minimal.

I do not use itunes. In fact, I hate companies (RE: ipods) that force you to transfer media through their interface. One of the thing that I like about the Pre is that I can mount it as a usb drive and drag copy files straight to it.

I wish I could manage playlists right from the pre music player itself.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The only reason I use iTunes is because I use the plugin Tune Up. Nothing I've found does better with auto-tagging and getting album art for 15k+ mp3s.
    Hmm. Apple doesn't have a Ubuntu version. Guess not.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I use it all the time. Won't be updating to the new iTunes anytime soon. I'm am happy that the 1.2 update wasn't released since it probably would have still blocked iTunes sync.
    I do need to organize my music and have an interface for it, but currently I do NOT sync with iTunes.
  13.    #13  
    interesting, about 33% of users use itunes. Somehow, I thought it would have been much less. Then I guess it DOES make sense for Palm to delay the update and fix the sync, as it would affect 1/3 of their customer base.
  14.    #14  
    itunes sync is now dropping...
    Winamp for syncing and WMP for ripping, suck it Apple!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I tried using itunes sync once, but only to see what folder to drag and drop my music to because I forgot.
    saw no point. Dr Podder gets all my podcasts directly. I copy the music i want to it via usb.
    I find itunes pretty good for syncing purposes. Anything else... Bleh.
    and to add, i dowt own, like or support ANYTHING that apple makes
    Not even sure what this ipod craze is. I mean i had an mp3 player by ARCHOS that had mp3 playing and video playing waaaaaaay before the first ipod did and archos is much smaller in comparison. Like i cant believe how big apple is and is so late with stuff, such as 1 year for an iphone app store, and 2 years for cut and paste, and 3 years to be able to send MMS pictures r u seriuos?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Last time I checked, Apple doesn't support Fedora Linux. So no, I don't use iTunes. My kids buy iTunes songs (they don't use Fedora!) and these songs work just fine when I copy them via USB to the media folder. But I'm happy with the shell and organizing music myself; not everyone is.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast